fernie update

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The snow is awesome and no rain above Matheson (Tin Shacks). 14-16" of fresh at the entrance to the Rolling Hills. The Coal Creek trail is fast and baby-butt smooth. Matheson was done with the drag, Marten was done with the SnowCat only to track pack and set the edges, and Coal Creek was a normal groom with the drag.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drove down to Fernie for the day yesterday (Saturday) and it was great. Trail from Coal Creek was nice and smooth (thanks FS) and there was lots of deep white snow with deep blue skies. Unfortunately charged my camera before I left and then promptly forgot it on my way out the door... Someone else must have some photographic proof of to what I speak!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Drove down to Fernie for the day yesterday (Saturday) and it was great. Trail from Coal Creek was nice and smooth (thanks FS) and there was lots of deep white snow with deep blue skies. Unfortunately charged my camera before I left and then promptly forgot it on my way out the door... Someone else must have some photographic proof of to what I speak!

Sorry the new trail to the Wrangler's wasn't groomed but we ran into a stuck issue Friday night. Seemed like the trail crust broke away and the tracks were in the corn snow with the SnowCat hung up on the center where there was a crust. Weird it was? 3 hours to get unstuck and at 1:00 am and part way through decided to turn around and we will track pack that fresh before we pull the mogul master through. Just a different year for grooming this year but even at my age I'm still learning new tricks.....

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought maybe you ran out of time because you had to go party with Justin Timberlake...
(heard he was in Fernie celebrating a birthday on the weekend and doing some cat skiing)

Sorry the new trail to the Wrangler's wasn't groomed but we ran into a stuck issue Friday night. Seemed like the trail crust broke away and the tracks were in the corn snow with the SnowCat hung up on the center where there was a crust. Weird it was? 3 hours to get unstuck and at 1:00 am and part way through decided to turn around and we will track pack that fresh before we pull the mogul master through. Just a different year for grooming this year but even at my age I'm still learning new tricks.....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I thought maybe you ran out of time because you had to go party with Justin Timberlake...
(heard he was in Fernie celebrating a birthday on the weekend and doing some cat skiing)

I'm not into partying too much enymore......interferes too much with riding and I'm not a big fan of the 12 o'clock club!

Top Bottom