Fernie Grooming

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug, will the upper staging area be opening on Coal Creek Road? The snow birm at the bridge will need knocking down by hte groomer before i try driving over it with my truck.

thanks,

Chris

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug, will the upper staging area be opening on Coal Creek Road? The snow birm at the bridge will need knocking down by hte groomer before i try driving over it with my truck.

thanks,

Chris

Chris: the lower road had quite a bit of snow/ice on it still (as of last Monday). The SnowCat was breaking through. I don't know if it is drivable now or not. Monday was the last groom and I didn't knock the berm down as guys would try to access the road as far as they could with their trucks and leave big ruts in the road and that would be miserable for the sleds. Also, the staging area before the green bridge has lots of snow in it still. I'm thinking the berm won't take long to melt. It is a Catch22 with the ruts as the trucks will try to access as far as they can and some joker will try to get to Matheson and really screw up the road. Enjoy your ride as the trees on the top are quite nice. fs

Top Bottom