Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416950175.363981.jpg
sent my buddy up to rolling hills today! I'll be out Thursday to get more pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cannot be much of a base though? Last week someone said there was 2 inches at the cabin? Watch the landmines!

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys get lots of snow. I received a email from Collage of the Rockies yesterday, stating that our field season of our AST1 may get canceled due to low snow conditions. Class is Dec. 5th weekend. Guess they need at least 1.5m for the snow pits. Dance Doug dance

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's never a base early season! I seen a post where some guys walked out of revy because they were stuck so bad with no base. Turbos and big tracks help!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You guys want a road ride to break in a sled? Hold your horses. It rained heavy to over 6000' today in Elkford, Sparwood, and Fernie. The "2014-15 first ride" was the worst one ever! It was a stuck fest. The snow, it was 4' deep today but will sink a bunch by tomorrow, is laden with moisture right to the ground. This will make a great base and that is the good news.

A couple of pictures just to start and more to follow tonight. The first picture is a T3 174 that can't push the snow. No loss of power and never did the track quick spinning but it just couldn't push the heavy wet snow. It didn't matter up hill or down hill. It took us two hours to go 2 kms past the Rolling Hills cabin. The second picture is a turbo M8 that got 2 sled lengths off the trail when trying to turn around. It was absolutely brutal. We were back at the cabin at 12:30 and refreshed. Then we pounded the slush back down to the trucks. With a low forecast temperature tomorrow of -19, the snow/trail will be frozen rock hard. A tough start to the season guys!

The other good news was that with my new Klim gear, I was warm and dry in a continuous down pour today, all day!

IMG_3407.jpg IMG_3408.jpg

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doug, the same has happened in a few places. I was looking forward to 4 days of pow. Guess it will have to wait for another day.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not heading that way at this time. Just was looking over road reports earlier. Travel down there is going to be difficult.

But we will see what happens.

Top Bottom