Favourite mods / aftermarket parts for an xm and go!!!!

C_Fro

Reaction score
4b61e8aa089da8731f52d3707d8fa7cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shocks, clutching, belt drive.

Thermostat is next on my hit list.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

C_Fro

Reaction score
I have already put a tki belt drive on it

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
What elevation do you ride? What areas do you mostly ride? What year and track length? Do you ride trees? Point and shoot climbs? Beginner, intermediate, advanced or superstar dangler riding ability? How many years experience? Mechanical ability? Beginner, intermediate or advanced? Are you doing the mods or are you paying someone? How much do you weigh?
The answers to the above questions will help guide your hard earned sled bucks into the right areas of your sweet ride.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats the deal with replacing the thermostat? Mine doesn't run hot unless I am pretty much riding an ice trail.

Stock they run hot for emission purposes; they are within a few degress of timing cut so if you run them a bit cooler they don't heat soak as bad and you keep all the power you had. Used to run at 4 bars now it runs at 3 and noticeable power difference.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock they run hot for emission purposes; they are within a few degress of timing cut so if you run them a bit cooler they don't heat soak as bad and you keep all the power you had. Used to run at 4 bars now it runs at 3 and noticeable power difference.
X2, did my 14 xmx, 2 years ago

Makes a big difference, even a low snow trail up I'm not hot yet and everyone is

Only disadvantage is if you stop for 30 min or so, will go back into warm up mode and have to warm it back up to pin it again, when all the others without can just go right away

sent while drinking tea's

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is this magical thermostat y'all speak of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine tech, same as a the xp from back in the day

sent while drinking tea's

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

x3. Very good explanation. Overall a low cost investment for good throttle response & better performance when hot.
Dean at Mad Motorsports usually has them in stock. (780) 986-6370

D.C

Reaction score
Elkas and CFR bars/riser made the biggest difference in overall feel of my '15 163"Sp. I also put a tunnel dump can on it, but I know how the old crusty guys feel about those so Ill just shut up about it.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Full SLP exhaust - huge weight difference, little more hp and not much louder than stock.

everest8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"The Thing" cooker can from The Sled Shed in Revy ! Best mod for your buck ! No codes etc. GIVE ME HOT FOOD ! Enough of the frozen sandwich. less weight.nice sound. Wonderfull ! However it does attract you buds when they smell a hot lunch...Tell them to get there own ! Steak,chicken,ribs,burritos whatever as the is many posts on dining options. The best mod. Heck last ride I made bacon wrapped scallops,saussage and spring rolls at the same time....in 8 miles of riding, about 15 mins from frozen ! Duh ! :cool:

Top Bottom