Expected life span of Hyfax on short track?

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an indy trail with a factory .8" X 121" track that I left at a family member's place for half of the winter. Hyfax had about 100 miles on them before my relatives put on about 250 more miles. From 1/3 of the way from the front of the rail's to the rear they are wore down within 1/16" from the wear/replace mark's. (plastic glob's are stuck/melted to the rear side of track clip's)
HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? Long distances on bare ice?
Track is a tad loose does that effect hyfax wear?
Thank's

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an indy trail with a factory .8" X 121" track that I left at a family member's place for half of the winter. Hyfax had about 100 miles on them before my relatives put on about 250 more miles. From 1/3 of the way from the front of the rail's to the rear they are wore down within 1/16" from the wear/replace mark's. (plastic glob's are stuck/melted to the rear side of track clip's)
Thank's
Yes ice travel or even gravel/minimal snow at high speeds. I oval raced a 1987 indy trail sp with picks and deep carbides on ice changed a set or two of sliders on that sled a lot easier than the new mountain rigs.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thank's

It doesn't take long on hard packed snow/ice without good scratchers. Obviously, with the globs of plastic melted to the track clips that is what has happened. Change them and maybe put on some scratchers if the relatives are going to ride again next winter.

BTW, on the 2015 T3's that was a big concern at the beginning of last year. Some only got 300 - 500 km before they were worn out.

Top Bottom