Exhaust problem

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 04 Rev the y pipe comes loose. I lost the gasket, Used other bolts and made the day. Sled ran good all day, But I had a slight noise on the right pipe. How can I keep the bolts for coming loose??

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best to find some nord lock washers. loctite isn't a good idea because it hardens from the high heat, many have broken off the y pipe bolts in the jug trying to remove them after using loctite.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nordlocks or this is another option.......

Attachments

• safetywire.jpg
    safetywire.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 142
  • safetywire2.jpg
    safetywire2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 138

Braaap.

Reaction score
Go to your doo dealer
Buy all new bolts/washers/gaskets
Small dab of red loctite on threads
I do mine that way every season when i do pistons
Never have broke bolts just dont overdo it on the red

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best to find some nord lock washers. loctite isn't a good idea because it hardens from the high heat, many have broken off the y pipe bolts in the jug trying to remove them after using loctite.

Yep,nordlock washers are the way to go

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another fan of Nordlock washers here. I had several of the bolts on my Summit y-pipe come loose, tightened them down and they came loose again so I bought enough washers to do 2 sleds and have not had 1 bolt come loose.

I wouldn't do the safety wire on those bolts, it's just too time consuming though that is a sure fire way to make sure your bolts don't back out. Get the Nordlocks and be done with it.

Radical Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem on my 07 Rev,changed all the round head alan bolts out and used stainless steel 6mm bolts with 6 point heads and nordlock washers,problem solved and you can get at all bolts with a 10mm 1/4 inch drive rachet,very easy to work with.

Top Bottom