Etec power valves

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think the power valves on my 2014 etec are staying open. I'm going to look into it a little more tomorrow, is there any common issues?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you ever taken them apart and cleaned them?

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
its a 2014 with 600 miles. I'm going to take the cover off and watch them operate tomorrow. I have a pretty good feeling they won't stay open.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would like to know what you find out tomorrow.... your power valves should be fine, being that new and only 600 miles.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
But...... I did take mine apart at 300 miles, and they needed a good cleaning.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
pulled them out they are good. Checked all the lines everything is good there, swapped silenoids with one that I know is working good. That didn't change anything. Rode it with the cover off and watched them operate, they looked like they were working fine. Checked compression 143 each side, plugs look perfect. Not sure what do next.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My xm and freeride both 2014s had rave issue. Both sleds got slowly weak. Martins set one for the weekend past and now my xm rips again. The other is still there. Also the tps had to be set at the throttle bodies. I think the reflash is also making less power than the 2013 xm. Did u get the new flash ?

harper44

Reaction score
Buddy's 14 was leaking oil out of the rave valve oil lines on the first ride. Took it to the dealer and they replaced a hose. Took it out this weekend and it was still leaking so we tightened the clamp on the hose to stop the leak. Took the sled for a short rip and the oil hose on the left side rave valve was blown up like a balloon. Noticed the other rave valve oil line had blown off as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pretty sure it's the over rev safety. I guess the 14's don't flash it on the dash like the 13's did and they are a little more sensitive by the sounds of things.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Buddy's 14 was leaking oil out of the rave valve oil lines on the first ride. Took it to the dealer and they replaced a hose. Took it out this weekend and it was still leaking so we tightened the clamp on the hose to stop the leak. Took the sled for a short rip and the oil hose on the left side rave valve was blown up like a balloon. Noticed the other rave valve oil line had blown off as well. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using

does the sled run ok? I've heard of one sled that came from the factory with the pulse lines from the case put on the RAVE silenoid backwards. So vacuum would be push.

harper44

Reaction score
does the sled run ok? I've heard of one sled that came from the factory with the pulse lines from the case put on the RAVE silenoid backwards. So vacuum would be push.

it seems to run fine and doesn't throw any codes. Rode it back to back against my 13 and didn't notice any difference. Its at the dealer now but they don't seem to know what it could be.

Destroyer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
my bolts got loose on the power valves. leaked oil like a bastard where the gasket is. Took the cover and the joiner off and tightened them up. It's been good ever since

harper44

Reaction score
Buddy got a call back from the dealer today. As it turns out, the cylinders are not ported to drain the oil off as they are supposed to be. they are thinking either they are ptek cylinders that were installed by mistake or they just weren't drilled as spec'd. Either way, that is one of the weirdest things I've heard yet. Could be a while before he sees his sled back

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy got a call back from the dealer today. As it turns out, the cylinders are not ported to drain the oil off as they are supposed to be. they are thinking either they are ptek cylinders that were installed by mistake or they just weren't drilled as spec'd. Either way, that is one of the weirdest things I've heard yet. Could be a while before he sees his sled back

Awe man that sucks!! I would definitely be owning a demo until it was fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

One of my friends had a 2010 cat m800 162. He was always getting out performed by other sleds and brands. Finally he decides to upgrade his track to a 2.5 x 162. When he put it in the skid wouldn't adjust enough to make the new track tight. Upon Inspection he found he was rocking a 153 skid In a sled that was stamped 162 on the tunnel. Of course now its be 2 seasons and he had to pay to make the skid 162. Never thought that could happen.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of my friends had a 2010 cat m800 162. He was always getting out performed by other sleds and brands. Finally he decides to upgrade his track to a 2.5 x 162. When he put it in the skid wouldn't adjust enough to make the new track tight. Upon Inspection he found he was rocking a 153 skid In a sled that was stamped 162 on the tunnel. Of course now its be 2 seasons and he had to pay to make the skid 162. Never thought that could happen.

He never parked beside a 162 and noticed it was shorter?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He never parked beside a 162 and noticed it was shorter?

Thats what I asked him. I rode with him a few times but never looked at it that close. It was early season and deep snow.

Top Bottom