Etec 800

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what kind of km u guys are getting out of your etecs before u need a rebuild? Also clutch components. Looking at buying a 13 summit 800.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have read of multiple cases over 10 000 km. read a couple pages back on lil duke revy blog, many many thousand km's of all mountain riding

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Adding my two cents, I really like the 800 etec. Starts well and runs smooth mostly. I have experienced they are very fussy with old fuel (in my case even after it was stabilized). Most everyone seems to have few issues and they run a long time. There are always exceptions to the rule - there is another thread where a 15 etec has a cracked port. I had to replace reeds on mine at 1000 kms and not completely clear on what caused that BUT suggestions from the site have given me things I will definitely keep in mind. Specifically, give the engine time to warm up particularly before you put it in reverse. Give it a minute or 2 to cool down after a hard ride. Fuel-fuel-fuel. I can't stress this enough as I think this has always been the source of the little bit of grief I have had. Put stabilizer in premium non-ethanol fuel in the spring. Before starting in the fall, drain as much of that as you can out before adding fresh to it. That is pretty much it as far as I can tell. I don't know how advanced a rider you are but this engine provides more power than I have been able to use. Good luck

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got over 7000km on mine all original and 4000km on boost. when I changed plugs this year did a comp test and still 141-142 psi on three pulls

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi
I was wondering what kind of km u guys are getting out of your etecs before u need a rebuild? Also clutch components. Looking at buying a 13 summit 800.
I'd be more worried about clutch components and wear items with higher k's machine then I would etec.

Top Bottom