Empty race fuel barrel

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for an empty race fuel barrel or two. I currently only have. 5 gallon one that I get filled with av gas but I would like to be able to keep more fuel on hand as it is a bit out of the way for me to get it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am looking for an empty race fuel barrel or two. I currently only have. 5 gallon one that I get filled with av gas but I would like to be able to keep more fuel on hand as it is a bit out of the way for me to get it!

Where do you go that they will fill drums for you?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure I should share that info sorry!
I also got a text from a forum member who is going to give me a barrel! thanks guys

Last edited:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a VP barrel that's been in my yard for years...... you can have it if you want?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jordan from VP in Calgary sells new barrels for $75 each but be prepared for a sales pitch as to why VP is better than AV Gas.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
most airports I've dealt with will fill barrels no problem. I've had barrels filled at Whitecourt, Stettler, Peace River, Rocky.

I have run into an issue with my local airport that they will NOT fill used drums; due to new Transport Canada regs that came in last year. Story I got was that a chopper up north went down due to contaminated fuel from a drum. Now they will only sell you brand new sealed drums, or fill a slip tank equipped with a pump and filter.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey vance matheson is the fuel barrel you have black by chance?
The fuel place at villenuve airport will fill anything.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have run into an issue with my local airport that they will NOT fill used drums; due to new Transport Canada regs that came in last year. Story I got was that a chopper up north went down due to contaminated fuel from a drum. Now they will only sell you brand new sealed drums, or fill a slip tank equipped with a pump and filter.

ive never had a problem. If you use a 100LL barrel, they are lined with a tan apoxy and it is very easy to see water and contaminates in them with a flashlight. Would I take a used plastic drum that used to have car wash soap in it to get filled....not likely. Bigger airports=more rules?
Rocky airport will drop the nozzle straight into my Camaro lol

Top Bottom