Elkford, Sparwood, Alexander, Atlas

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
horrible stay away.....

kidding, from what I hear its pretty tracked out in the common areas with no fresh snow in quite a while.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like everywhere man. You still heading out this weekend down there? Ever been to Castle? My son has reading week so it would be great to head somewhere for a couple days

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I live about an hour and a half from the alberta areas (alexander/atlas/castle) and never ride there. It is always worth the extra hour to drive to atleast corbin or fernie. The odd time the alberta side will get a dump that misses the bc side but that is very very rare.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks jhurot. I was under the impression that Corbin and Fernie were a little more popular and thus more used but I guess thats true about the storms. Is Corbin pounded to the bones?

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have lots of parts to sell, so go ride like the wind! Just kidding, kinda sucks having a dry winter that's not even warm or sunny.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i have lots of parts to sell, so go ride like the wind! Just kidding, kinda sucks having a dry winter that's not even warm or sunny.

Have you not been home lately, it has been TOO warm here for the last week!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Always the business man Dusty..:yo:

It has been warm this winter with only a couple of -20C days and February has been quite sunny, hence all the sun crusts on the snow. We are lacking in the snow department but all that means is one has to ride a little further and look a little harder for the untracked. I found a whole series of logging roads yesterday (Branch A, B, and C) that were totally fresh or virgin from the start of the season complete with large clean staging areas (no stumps, etc.). I didn't venture into the cut blocks as I know how you would grin if I came looking for parts....:hmm:

Clares240

Reaction score
Little bit of snow here this morning in Claresholm, interesting change from the sun and warm temps down here. Didn't expect it, was just about to pull out the dirt bike. I had some exceptionally good days in Atlas last march and enjoy the area alot, I haven't unloaded my sled there yet this year, just doesn't seem like there's alot of snow on the eastern slopes, and the +8 degree chinook winds weren't helping at all. Been spending my time further west, but then I have family over there, with room to accomadate me, so it's no big deal for me. It's been warm in Southern B.C. as well though and I kinda gave up, just had to go deeper and deeper, personally I'm just hoping that this cooler weather continues and precipation starts happening again. Looking forward to March and hopefully some big dumps in the pass, it's awsome when there's snow up there.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep its funny, a couple days of snow in march sure makes a big differance to everyones demeanor. I hope it lets loose a little in the pass. I have always enjoyed it there.

Clares240

Reaction score
I'm still thinking about Dusty's comment about a dry winter that's not warm or sunny, and I keep thinking, has he been around, or is he just flinging something out there while he's on a beach down south somewhere.

Clares240

Reaction score
Was just talking to the kid, he's working at Exshaw, Canmore area for those that don't know where Exshaw is. Says it's been snowing lightly most of the day, maybe 4 inches. hopefully a sign of good things to come.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When my better half left work in Blairmore today, there was at least 6" of fresh in the parking lot and it was still snowing hard. Petered out at the border and was sporadic all the way home.

Polaris Lady

Reaction score
She made it home just in time! Highway 3 is now closed in both directions east of Sparwood, vehicle incident.

When my better half left work in Blairmore today, there was at least 6" of fresh in the parking lot and it was still snowing hard. Petered out at the border and was sporadic all the way home.

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh Oh. Hope no one was hurt. The steady line of trafic to and from Fernie this weekend from skiers probably disrupted the weather pattern and didnt let it snow hard haha. Probably start snowing on Tuesday morn and wont quit

summit7

Reaction score
Myself and my wife were at Atlas on Feb 17, there was about 2ft of fresh in the trees and it was snowing hard all day, had at least 6" on the truck when we left. Should be some good riding now.

HAYDENC

Reaction score
Going to give atlas a try tomorrow, hopefully some good snow. Is there many land mines to watch for?

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please tell us how it was. My Son and I went to Alexander and it was pretty good there but he hit a rock and cut our sledding short

Top Bottom