Edmonton area XP warranty or updates:

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New info: Westlock says 19/45 gearing and clutch weights are covered, but the driveshaft weld and chaincase bolts are not. They also reported a failed driveshaft coming in this week.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Martin Farm the other day and they told me one of the customers did a big jump and landed on the drive shaft at the peek of the jump and it folded the sled in half.............wrote it off ouch. I think that would make me cry...........my sled is my baby.

This "Light Weight" trend we are in is costing some of us way tooo much money... I'd rather ride a sled that is a bit heavier and have a machine that can handle a good pounding with out having to send it to the dealer to repair parts that are bending and buckling because they are too weak. Seems like the "light" sleds are the ones that are always on the side lines in pieces :confused: We all like to jump our sleds and pound them through the rough junk on the trail, if they can't handle it because they are "too Light" than what good is it? Can't ride a busted sled? :confused: I ride an '04 Firecat 144" that is listed at 470 lbs dry and is as solid as a rock so far after 4600 klicks of hard riding... why can't some of the new sleds stay pieced together?

Attachments

• DSC01987.jpg
    DSC01987.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 167

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Westlock said they just got screwed by doing warranty work on american sleds. They will no longer work on them.

Also they have sold approx 130 XPs and have now had two drive shaft failures.

STALL

Reaction score
That Is Not Good News. I Have A Buddy That Has Been Told That They Simply Will Not Do Any Recall Work Either. So Far I Have Not Had Problems With My Drive Shaft But This Is Starting To Worry Me A Little Because It Is A Big Job To Take One Out And Fix Or Replace. And That Is If You Do It On Your Own, Never Mind The Shop Rates If You Take It In.

They Are However Covering The First Belt That You Blow Up . The New Belts That Have Been Built Are Approx 2 Mm Wider And Made Out Os A Harder Material Than The Old Ones.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That Is Not Good News. I Have A Buddy That Has Been Told That They Simply Will Not Do Any Recall Work Either. So Far I Have Not Had Problems With My Drive Shaft But This Is Starting To Worry Me A Little Because It Is A Big Job To Take One Out And Fix Or Replace. And That Is If You Do It On Your Own, Never Mind The Shop Rates If You Take It In.

They Are However Covering The First Belt That You Blow Up . The New Belts That Have Been Built Are Approx 2 Mm Wider And Made Out Os A Harder Material Than The Old Ones.
I had two belts covered under warrenty. After the first one they told me to use the second 166 belt as a spare but I rode it until it blew up and took it in.

tanner

Reaction score
I am just wondering how many miles should you get out of a belt? I haven't ever got that many mile out of any belt. My mach 1 was about 1 every 200KM and my Polaris might be a bit better but still not that great. The only real differance is the price of the polaris belt doesn't cost as much.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I am just wondering how many miles should you get out of a belt? I haven't ever got that many mile out of any belt. My mach 1 was about 1 every 200KM and my Polaris might be a bit better but still not that great. The only real differance is the price of the polaris belt doesn't cost as much.

I'm not really sure what the norm is for belt life. I think I depends alot on riding conditions, riding style and of course clutch alignment. I know my friend that weights 260 lbs has 850 miles on his belt riding an 07 summit 159" and he goes hard. I got 1000 miles on my 06 apex belt last year before it shredded. 200 km seems like a short time for belt life, sumptin ain't right. :confused::confused:

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well picked my machine up from Skyline the other day after it's 10 hr service, it almost hurts to walk. Got the run a round on warranty covering the gear change, couldn't get a stock BRP 19T gear and so they put in an after market gear. Dinged for 2 spark plugs and couple hours labour to change chain case oil, check manifold bolts, secondary and clean the primary. Bought a belly pan protector and handle bar riser bag, at least i got a discount on that stuff, and drove away mad.....It wasn't till about Niton Junction that i thought hey i paid for 2 new spark plugs why didn't i get the orginal ones for spares?

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH I forgot to mention that warranty did cover putting a new 377 belt on the machine......
Why is it so hard to find a dealership that will provide good customer service?

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well picked my machine up from Skyline the other day after it's 10 hr service, it almost hurts to walk. Got the run a round on warranty covering the gear change, couldn't get a stock BRP 19T gear and so they put in an after market gear. Dinged for 2 spark plugs and couple hours labour to change chain case oil, check manifold bolts, secondary and clean the primary. Bought a belly pan protector and handle bar riser bag, at least i got a discount on that stuff, and drove away mad.....It wasn't till about Niton Junction that i thought hey i paid for 2 new spark plugs why didn't i get the orginal ones for spares?

If I am correct the gear change is not a warranty issue unless it failed, spark plugs are not covered and cleaning the clutches is not covered as well. 2 hours is not a bad price to pay in my books, just my 2 cents worth. But you should have gotten your old plugs back, shame on them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was told if the don't find anything wrong they have to charge the labor, I found that out on fri when I had mine in there, The sled wouldn't revout properly and Asked them to look at the clutches and the rave valves, they found a broken spring in the rave valve and charged me the labor for taking the clutches apart and inspecting them.
This doesn't make sence to me!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
If I am correct the gear change is not a warranty issue unless it failed, spark plugs are not covered and cleaning the clutches is not covered as well. 2 hours is not a bad price to pay in my books, just my 2 cents worth. But you should have gotten your old plugs back, shame on them.

Ecko Marine in Alberta Beach changed my top gear to a 19 tooth, alligned and cleaned my clutches, gave me two 377 belts for free. The only question Tony (the service guy) asked me was " I see you have nitrous installed on your sled" I replyed "what nitrous? Don't they come stock like that?" He laughed and handed me the key's. They have treated me more than fair there in my opinion. But I have heard nightmare stories about other dealers.

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetaskiwin Motorsports changed my top gear to 19 tooth at my 10 hr service and didn't charge for the chain case oil for the service because it was covered by BRP with the gear change. Just brought it back this week to get my hand warmers fixed under warranty and when I picked it up they had put a new 377 belt on it and taken apart the clutch and cleaned the arms and bushings. Nothing but a positive experience with them so far. :)

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about taking it to Echo Marine at AB beach but figured I bought it from Skyline so I might as well take it there. Father in law isn't happy about the service he has gotten from Skyline either on the quad that he bought from them.

ridenhigh

Reaction score
I have a North Dakota 154X and got my grips fixed by Gibbons Motor Toys no charge. However I have been warned that BRP is cracking down on them for treatment like that. I'm getting a gear change, primary weight and spring change and new belt. I have to pay for all of this. That said, Gibbons recommended a 20 tooth on top. They said they tested both 19 and 20 tooth combos on identical 154 sleds and the 20 tooth was a much better choice. The only difference is that it costs $20 more.

Has anyone heard anything about the 20tooth change results vs the 19 tooth for a 154?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a North Dakota 154X and got my grips fixed by Gibbons Motor Toys no charge. However I have been warned that BRP is cracking down on them for treatment like that. I'm getting a gear change, primary weight and spring change and new belt. I have to pay for all of this. That said, Gibbons recommended a 20 tooth on top. They said they tested both 19 and 20 tooth combos on identical 154 sleds and the 20 tooth was a much better choice. The only difference is that it costs $20 more.

Has anyone heard anything about the 20tooth change results vs the 19 tooth for a 154?
Yep My buddy tried a 19 and lost too much track speed so he went to a 20 and got the track speed back up and he is very happy with is setup.

ridenhigh

Reaction score
That is comforting to hear. All I have heard about up to now is the 19 tooth switch for the 154. When Gibbons recommended the 20 tooth switch I was a little confused. I'm riding McBride this weekend so I'll know soon enough for myself I guess...

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very happy with my 19 tooth, actually I love it...but I never rode with the 20 tooth. MPH dropped to around 80 on the flat and hard. The only problem is that the 19 tooth should have came with a parachute for the ride back down the hill...It climbs and climbs and climbs.

I think it depends on what you want, I wasn't worried about top end speed, I wanted the low end grunt and mtn performance, I think the 20 tooth would be a good all around choice as well.

Top Bottom