Dynamo Joe CLutch Kit

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Would it have something to do with the Primary not being "Splined" like the REVS?? My REV Primary has splines for the two halves to seat together, I thonk the '11's dont...
There are no splines on my primary at all. It is just a bushing that allows the two halves of the primary to slide towards and away from each other.

Circled-Mistake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are no splines on my primary at all. It is just a bushing that allows the two halves of the primary to slide towards and away from each other.

Sorry,Prob not explaining it right... The splines on my REV keep the outer half and inner half spinning at the same time/speed... I think the 11's are an interference fit... Im no expert...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go back and really check your primary bushing's, there is a difference in looking good and being good. is there any play at all when rocking the two together, maybe have them measured, you are talking a few thou of an inch. maybe your eyes are better than mine. bushings wear out fast.

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Sorry,Prob not explaining it right... The splines on my REV keep the outer half and inner half spinning at the same time/speed... I think the 11's are an interference fit... Im no expert...

I believe that 2007 or 2008 they got away from the spline on the Primary and went to a taper. there is a taper that hold the 2 halves of the primary together as well as the usual taper that hold the whole primary on the crank.

I had the Spring Cover fail on my primary over the holidays. just got it back together and ready for another trip! The DJ kit seems to be working well with my MOTS 880 pump gas!

zeeberg7

Reaction score
Anyone trying a stiffer secondary spring with there DJ kit? Corey Micku's kit with bikeman features a stiffer spring i do believe and he was telling me at the sled show that it would make a difference. just wondering if it would with this kit. anyone try anything like this with this kit?

thanks,

Top Bottom