Dyed premium in Salmon Arm?

Craven

Reaction score
Usually buy our boat gas at the Flying J in Kamloops, anybody know of a station on the way through Salmon Arm that sells it?

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Skyline Truckstop outside of Sicamous sells it.... If you're coming from the east I guess.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not changing your question, but I must ask how long you have used dyed fuel. I am a farmer and very Leary on using dyed prem. in my sled. I was in Mcbride last week and they have started to sell it at about 15 cents cheaper than undyed premium.

Pay less for a longer term problem?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
louies gas station or it was called red hawk in sicamous.....new owners and right across the highway from the petro.......mara food liner going towards enderby from sicamous (about 12 mins past sicamous). I run purple prem in everything I own and zero problems........I have a 900 with 3600 miles lol run it! dont run husky because the ethy with kill your engines. blew up 6 engines and relized it was the husky fuel, switch fuel and zero problems!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
louies gas station or it was called red hawk in sicamous.....new owners and right across the highway from the petro.......mara food liner going towards enderby from sicamous (about 12 mins past sicamous). I run purple prem in everything I own and zero problems........I have a 900 with 3600 miles lol run it! dont run husky because the ethy with kill your engines. blew up 6 engines and relized it was the husky fuel, switch fuel and zero problems!
There was 10 of us filling up at skyline and 3 of the mod sleds blew up cause of low octane. If you have head work or pump gas turbo beware marked premium

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
There was 10 of us filling up at skyline and 3 of the mod sleds blew up cause of low octane. If you have head work or pump gas turbo beware marked premium

are you sure it was skyline gas,that valley is super low and anything over 13.5/1 is going to have issues on any kind of premium. i have lots of work done and need to run av gas when i go to the schuswap country. blew up twice due to detonation before switching to av gas. old ladies 800 xp stock runs purple from skyline all the time with no issues.marked premium goes through the same refining process, its just dyed so it can be checked for in non farm hiway vehicles. skyline goes through so much marked premium that it is probably better quality than most gas stations unmarked premium.

J_E_SUMMIT

RIP, Fallen Sledder
Reaction score
We buy our marked premium bulk from the local bulk plant 450L at a time. The plant sells 4x more premium then regular because its only 4cents more then regular, and the dye is added in after it leaves the tank. We have a flowmeter and filter on the tank, and a group of us share the cost according to how much each person used.
Another thing to consider at gas stations is the potential for getting regular gas that is already in the line. Some stations use a common line all the way to the storage tanks, so you can get a whole lot of regular gas if thats what the last person to fill up was using.

Top Bottom