Reaction score
After looking at this on Google Earth
when you go down the Dore then take the SOUTH Dore
After you make the climb up the avanlanche chute
and you end up in the alpine above treeline
When you go thru the alpine to the ridge....the ridge where you can
see the Dore Glacier across the valley and the rest of the valley below
If you head down into that valley to get onto the Dore Glacier
YOU MIGHT enter a restricted area closed for Caribou.
the Guys who have been in there in years prior...like me ....are not happy about this
that terrain is excellent for boondocking...and getting stuck on those over the hood powder days
I will try and get a jpeg of the google earth map with outlines.
because ...of course...the pdf they give you says not to use it for navigational purpose....well then what good is it for then?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After looking at this on Google Earth
when you go down the Dore then take the SOUTH Dore
After you make the climb up the avanlanche chute
and you end up in the alpine above treeline
When you go thru the alpine to the ridge....the ridge where you can
see the Dore Glacier across the valley and the rest of the valley below
If you head down into that valley to get onto the Dore Glacier
YOU MIGHT enter a restricted area closed for Caribou.
the Guys who have been in there in years prior...like me ....are not happy about this
that terrain is excellent for boondocking...and getting stuck on those over the hood powder days
I will try and get a jpeg of the google earth map with outlines.
because ...of course...the pdf they give you says not to use it for navigational purpose....well then what good is it for then?

This route is closed and if you leave the logging road at the end of the trail you are out of bounds.

schoooled dweeb

Reaction score
So I've got these 2 shots from google earth
the orange boundary is the closed year round territory
I overlayed the GPX file from GOV.BC

Attachments

• dore closure.jpg
    dore closure.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 593
  • dore closure2.jpg
    dore closure2.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 586

bigcobb

Reaction score
So let me guess that it is okay to fly helicopters and Ski????????

the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and those skiers are definitely very squeaky ! The snowmobile community needs to stand up to the governing bodies that control these areas. The locals can't do it all ! Until then those squeaky skiers will keep getting more sled free areas to ride !

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is ways into the dore with out going through Caribou territory you just need to know where :p. I figured if I bring my rifle with me, I am helping the caribou out by shooting any wolf I see. lol Also I would hate to see my GPX overlay from sledding over the gov.bc one lol.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is ways into the dore with out going through Caribou territory you just need to know where :p. I figured if I bring my rifle with me, I am helping the caribou out by shooting any wolf I see. lol Also I would hate to see my GPX overlay from sledding over the gov.bc one lol.
Yes there are ways to get to Dore but after the closure once you travel 44KM to the lake the LEGAL area is so small it's hardly worth it unless you get to bust up the creek. And yes the skiing has not been affected....fuggers.
Backcountry sledding (legally) is basically dead in BC but there are lots of places for forigners to hili/cat ski.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Busting up the creek is fun when there is lots of snow, than you rip up that waterfall.

2strokefumes

Reaction score

h
Hellisking oops caribou closure the thunderous sound of chopper blades is so soothing/relaxing to the caribou. give me a break u f heads .

//

Top Bottom