Does anyone know if you can switch the track from a 1.5 to a 2.25(lug)

nany387

Reaction score
on a 2010 arctic cat crossfire 800 because i was wondering if their was enough clearance also if the gearing was ok because i know if you get a 2.25 it has M8 gearing and clutch weights and you can change weights but im not sure about the gearing if anyone could help that would be awesome

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did it to my wives 2011crossfire also went to m8 gears also just changed weight for elevation worked real good . no longer have sled traded it for 2013 high country with es

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did a 2011 crossfire 800 lots of clearance in the tunnel and just changing weights, leaving the gearing.

nany387

Reaction score
Just did a 2011 crossfire 800 lots of clearance in the tunnel and just changing weights, leaving the gearing.
oh ok do you think i could keep the weights the same or do you half to change them ?

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably will want to make the changes to the clutches to the next altitude range up and run a set of adjustable weights. That's what we have done so far, just put the track on this fall so got to see how it's going to work.
I know that when the crossfire7 first came out guys were taking them and stretching them to 153s and running the stock gearing because they could get higher track speed, and they were just playing with the clutching.

phatboy07

Reaction score
I have had mine changed from the 1.5 cobra to the 2.25 powerclaw (both 141 length) for the last two years...no change other than the track. Stock everything else. I have recently (last year) changed the wieghts out to adjustable only because my original wieghts were getting a little worn. This is a 2010 crossfire. Works excellent. I weigh around 260 geared up and have no belt or clutch issues. Mixed deep snow and trail riding. IF I was goint to be only deep snow constantly I would maybe try and run slightly lower gears but the extra track speed you get from the stock gearing works well IMO.

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weights may need changing but stock gearing is no problem. Before changing weights run your sled and see where your revving at before and after the swap, target rpm will be in the 8000 to 8100rpm range.

Top Bottom