Do the E-tec's really start with just 1 pull as claimed? (in real life application)

hihi962

Reaction score
Now that we have a number of them out there and they have a good amount of miles on them already. I was just wondering if their claims are true..

are we talking 1 pull from a cold start? is it true for all temps?

thanks!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an etec. It was -20 and it started 1st pull like it had been running for 20 mins. Been out with him at least 6 times and only ONCE did it take two pulls, just after hard trail riding and it had been sitting for 5-10 mins. Granted he didnt pull very hard either! lol

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has an etec. It was -20 and it started 1st pull like it had been running for 20 mins. Been out with him at least 6 times and only ONCE did it take two pulls, just after hard trail riding and it had been sitting for 5-10 mins. Granted he didnt pull very hard either! lol

1 pull star, the odd time if you dont pull it hard enough you need to pull again.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's true. Only 1 pull. Unless you roll it down a hill after you get stuck. than it takes a few pulls.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was upside down for about 2 beers over the weekend... Long story... Got it on it's side, 1 pull and it ran like it never happened.

At the Doo demo 1/2 the sleds started on the first pull, a couple took two and one took three. They pointed out how easy they are to start, the thing that really impressed me was how clean they ran, not even a hint of two stroke smoke and no oil stain in the snow. They are underpowered though.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you dont pull like a girl ( no offence!), it'll start first pull everytime. When its really cold out mine is stiff and u have to give it a really hard pull... hard to do on the deck sometimes without falling off!

Anyone else have that trouble cold?

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only ever pushed the button once, it lights up like a light switch, very impressed with the etec so far.

Dont even have a pull cord.

Dont think I'll get one either

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
At the Doo demo 1/2 the sleds started on the first pull, a couple took two and one took three. They pointed out how easy they are to start, the thing that really impressed me was how clean they ran, not even a hint of two stroke smoke and no oil stain in the snow. They are underpowered though.

Haha, you have your head up your butt, just sayin...

And yes, unless you give it a wimpy pull, 1 is all that is required...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, you have your head up your butt, just sayin...

And yes, unless you give it a wimpy pull, 1 is all that is required...

Take mine for a ride, it makes that etec feel like you got ripped off and I don't have all that much done to it. Or are you brainwashed like all the other doo sheep? Just saying.. actually asking. The etec is a nice engine just not at all what the hype makes it out to be.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Take mine for a ride, it makes that etec feel like you got ripped off and I don't have all that much done to it. Or are you brainwashed like all the other doo sheep? Just saying.. actually asking. The etec is a nice engine just not at all what the hype makes it out to be.

All I can say is this...I had a 2010 800P-tek last season, and the 2011 E-tek this season, and there is a noticable difference. Im not saying there isnt another sled with more power, but stock to stock, I think it would be very close, and if I was a betting man, I would bet on the E-tek...

No brain washing here, I have no brand loyalty, I have 2 Cats and love them too...

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bet the etec would work you in a 1/4 mile

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I can say is this...I had a 2010 800P-tek last season, and the 2011 E-tek this season, and there is a noticable difference. Im not saying there isnt another sled with more power, but stock to stock, I think it would be very close, and if I was a betting man, I would bet on the E-tek...

No brain washing here, I have no brand loyalty, I have 2 Cats and love them too...

I have a Doo as well and it's a great little sled. The etec is great technology and will go a long ways, I can't wait to see what the aftermarket boys do with it, but I did ride one and then rode my Cat immediatly after and the difference was very noticable actually a lot like my F350 untuned and then tuned. I like to change up every thing I ride, drive or float very few years and I was really hopefull the new Doo would be the next toy oh well. Talking to the Doo factory rep about the new Cat chassis he did mention that Doo has something in the works as well so here's hoping.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I have a Doo as well and it's a great little sled. The etec is great technology and will go a long ways, I can't wait to see what the aftermarket boys do with it, but I did ride one and then rode my Cat immediatly after and the difference was very noticable actually a lot like my F350 untuned and then tuned. I like to change up every thing I ride, drive or float very few years and I was really hopefull the new Doo would be the next toy oh well. Talking to the Doo factory rep about the new Cat chassis he did mention that Doo has something in the works as well so here's hoping.

Well all I can say is that hopefully we can meet up this winter in the Pass or somewhere and we can do a switch, then we will both know...I cant compare to 'MY' cats as one is a 600 and the other a 700 so I cant go from one to the other...

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bet the etec would work you in a 1/4 mile

Maybe, but these are powder machines what does the 1/4 mile have to do with anything? Are you telling me that the Doos come factory with the wrong gearing for mountain riding? I highly doubt that. You should be over on HCS for the 1/4 mile stuff.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well all I can say is that hopefully we can meet up this winter in the Pass or somewhere and we can do a switch, then we will both know...I cant compare to 'MY' cats as one is a 600 and the other a 700 so I cant go from one to the other...

Let me know when your headed out I'd love to meet up for a ride.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but these are powder machines what does the 1/4 mile have to do with anything? Are you telling me that the Doos come factory with the wrong gearing for mountain riding? I highly doubt that. You should be over on HCS for the 1/4 mile stuff.

Very good answer. A lot of people seem to get messed up with their apples to apples scenario's. I believe that Doo clutches have always been designed and better suited to drag racing than mountains, thats one of their problems. The 162 might not be the quickest tho. LOL.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very good answer. A lot of people seem to get messed up with their apples to apples scenario's. I believe that Doo clutches have always been designed and better suited to drag racing than mountains, thats one of their problems. The 162 might not be the quickest tho. LOL.

They all have their weaknesses and strengths, truth is there's a couple of kids out of Blue River who could outride 98% of us here on S&M on any of the newer machines. They're light, well practiced, ballsy and in good shape. I know I can't check off all those attributes anymore.

hihi962

Reaction score
Yea, I just remember seeing a doo video and seeing their claims to a 1 pull start every time.. thats awesome I think, It's a bit anoying when you have a roll over (a regular basis for me) and she's flodded.
I wanna snowchek one, but I sure as heel don't want less performance then my 800P-Tek!
just a thought, but maybe the performance seems low for some guys because of the chip burnout? I dunno? not sure how long it lasts for.. I find it hard to believe that it would feel like it's got less jam, since it's got fuel injection and rated for more hp.. I sure hope not.

Top Bottom