DJ kit in a 174 t3, high rpm's

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out?? Did the Rpms drop under load at altitude?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked with joe on the phone the other day and here is a where I am, I wont be able to make it to the hills for at least a week,

here is the short of it, when i ordered up my stuff from joe i told him i do the majority of my riding at elevation and was not concened about at home performance. i got everything installed and had it to the hills once, i was pulling more weight than i was supposed to be pulling while there. i didn't play around with it when i was out there, just rode it. so when i got home i started playing and added weight trying to get the rpm to pull down, with the high elevation set up you can only get the weight to 20.4 grams and that is where i was and still on clicker 1. i thought it was funny so that is why i posted. after talking to joe the other day i found out that i could prolly go as high as 23-25 grams at my home elevation and not pull the rpm down, but the other part of the equation that i was not seeing and cant really check it at my elevation and snow levels are the backshift quality. i need to ride it at elevation and loaded up in clicker 3 to see what it revs and as important how it backshifts. so till i get out again this is where we sit. the one thing that stumped me with the whole deal was even though i kept adding weight the rpm stayed the same, but as mentioned this can just be part of the whole e tec engine management. time will tell. i will post again once i get back from the hills, hopefully in the next couple weeks....damn work!!!

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How may miles on the sled? Until I was through break in my t3 174 would pull 7700 on clicker 1 at home 2200' and at 6500'
i thought it was weird, I could move it to clicker 3-6 and not gain any rpm. Now that it's off break in it acts like it should. I'm thinking it has something to do with the computer and break in

hpjunkie

Reaction score
I talked with joe on the phone the other day and here is a where I am, I wont be able to make it to the hills for at least a week,

here is the short of it, when i ordered up my stuff from joe i told him i do the majority of my riding at elevation and was not concened about at home performance. i got everything installed and had it to the hills once, i was pulling more weight than i was supposed to be pulling while there. i didn't play around with it when i was out there, just rode it. so when i got home i started playing and added weight trying to get the rpm to pull down, with the high elevation set up you can only get the weight to 20.4 grams and that is where i was and still on clicker 1. i thought it was funny so that is why i posted. after talking to joe the other day i found out that i could prolly go as high as 23-25 grams at my home elevation and not pull the rpm down, but the other part of the equation that i was not seeing and cant really check it at my elevation and snow levels are the backshift quality. i need to ride it at elevation and loaded up in clicker 3 to see what it revs and as important how it backshifts. so till i get out again this is where we sit. the one thing that stumped me with the whole deal was even though i kept adding weight the rpm stayed the same, but as mentioned this can just be part of the whole e tec engine management. time will tell. i will post again once i get back from the hills, hopefully in the next couple weeks....damn work!!!

Bingo- Forgot to add I geared mine up to 21/49 since I ride a lot @ 2000'. With the extra load, this would also change things. With the deep gearing of the T3, in a low elevation/low snow/low load application, a 'bunch" of weight might be needed!

Top Bottom