Dirt Bike Gas Milage

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quick question, what is everybody who rides dirtbikes getting for gas milage? How far can you go in a day with out fueling up? What size is your tank, and what make and cc are you running.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my old 2000 cr250 with a 2.0 gallon tank I could make about 90 km
My 08 ktm 450 2.3 gallon tank gets about 85-90 km ridding hard and aggressive
Basic average rule of thumb In my experience is about 10 km per liter average

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont know anyone who keeps track...if its empty fill er up!

I wanted to know because im thinking of getting an older dirt bike when i graduate, and when we go trail riding we usually put on about 50 - 75km. I was thinking about installing a bigger gas tank, or else installing a rack to fit a smaller jerry can.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I wanted to know because im thinking of getting an older dirt bike when i graduate, and when we go trail riding we usually put on about 50 - 75km. I was thinking about installing a bigger gas tank, or else installing a rack to fit a smaller jerry can.

Most dirtbikes dont have a speedo so no odometer, therefore most dont keep any sort of track. As well, most fill from a Jerry Can so no volume count going in, no odo reading, no mileage...

Measure your driveway, and drive up and down it all day until you run out, then you dont have to push it as far to get home LOL

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most dirtbikes dont have a speedo so no odometer, therefore most dont keep any sort of track. As well, most fill from a Jerry Can so no volume count going in, no odo reading, no mileage...

Measure your driveway, and drive up and down it all day until you run out, then you dont have to push it as far to get home LOL

:rolleyes: I know dirtbikes dont have speedos, i was looking for a ballpark estimate, even on my old honda fourtrax I could still tell how far I could go on a tank of gas

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
KTM 450 SX-F...getting about 70- 80km to a tank riding it like I stole it. I can do that in around 3 hours. If there is a quad with you, get him to pack a small Jerry for you. On my CR 250 I used to duct tape a 2L pepsi bottle on my back fender full of gas and empty it as soon as I had room in my tank.

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
KTM 450 SX-F...getting about 70- 80km to a tank riding it like I stole it. I can do that in around 3 hours. If there is a quad with you, get him to pack a small Jerry for you. On my CR 250 I used to duct tape a 2L pepsi bottle on my back fender full of gas and empty it as soon as I had room in my tank.

Thats a pretty good idea, I could make a bracket mount and put on the handle bars.

Marauder01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow an 81 kdx 250 does 90mph???

that is crazy

i have an 08 crf230f honda.. i dunno the tank size..

but i havent burnt more than $10 for the day..

thats all i know :p

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I have a 2000 XR400 and my son has a 2006 YZ125 with a big bore kit in it. We went to bumpmx last Sunday and rode hard from 11 till around 5. Mostly on the main track. I burned maybe 10 liters and my son burned up almost 25 plus the cost of the oil. Same as my brother with his CR250. I ride all day on a tank and we have to pack fuel for him. It's not just the tank size. MX style 2 strokes burn twice the fuel. Not sure how a MX 4 stroke would do tho, were my bike is an air cooled endurocross.

Sent from my iPhone because dial-up sucks!

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2000 XR400 and my son has a 2006 YZ125 with a big bore kit in it. We went to bumpmx last Sunday and rode hard from 11 till around 5. Mostly on the main track. I burned maybe 10 liters and my son burned up almost 25 plus the cost of the oil. Same as my brother with his CR250. I ride all day on a tank and we have to pack fuel for him. It's not just the tank size. MX style 2 strokes burn twice the fuel. Not sure how a MX 4 stroke would do tho, were my bike is an air cooled endurocross.

Sent from my iPhone because dial-up sucks!

I love my 2-smokes!

Attachments

• 1382532.jpg
    1382532.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 106

fourtraxkdx

Reaction score

My 1982Honda XR200R gets about 62MPG (MEDIUM trail riding)! 1986 KDX200 also about 60MPG (MEDIUM trail riding) although your weight and how hard you are on the throttle will vary too! Both have served me very well(RELIABLE)! Compared to the UNRELIABLE GAS GUZZLING snowmobiles I recently purchased!

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got lost and ended up doing 127km on a 2007 Honda CRF250x :eek:
Stock 8.5 L tank.
I made it back, but it was dry.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2008 crf 250 r stock tank 87 miles on the GPS that was in blue river so a lot of the time I was costing.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom