diesel tire options

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just purchased dunlop fierce attitude tires for my truck, get them installed tomorrow morning, they are 10ply and m+s rated. heading to the mac on thursday so ill will post how they are on the road, cant be worse than the stock continentals

They are made by Kelly not Dunlop, however they're all goodyear products.

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
goodyear duratracs. 80000kms on last set. drive about 5-8000kms a month. snow, mud, ice, highways. good all around

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are made by Kelly not Dunlop, however they're all goodyear products.
They are labeled by who sells them. I have seen good year, Kelly and Dunlop on them. As well crappy tires sells them too. I have had them on since March and they are a decent tire. I still use 4wd in the winter a lot but that is just because the truck has a lot of torque and I have no weight in the rear. Thinking I should add some.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've ran toyo M/T's in the winter and I agree worst tire ever in the winter. No siping and hard as a rock just like hockey pucks. On hard pack snow and ice they perform exactly like you would expect a hockey puck to perform.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried dura tracs this winter. 235/85/16

They are AWESOME in snow, but once it's ice, fuggitaboutit.

With studs, they would be ideal, without, they left me lacking. I took down my ad for winter tires and put them on the truck, and have had much less of an issue.

jasonmt

Reaction score
I tried dura tracs this winter. 235/85/16

They are AWESOME in snow, but once it's ice, fuggitaboutit.

With studs, they would be ideal, without, they left me lacking. I took down my ad for winter tires and put them on the truck, and have had much less of an issue.

IMAG0020_zps7321aa81.jpg

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Duratracs for me. Best all around tire i have found. I have ran every tire mentioned over the years. Best to run two sets if you want the best of both worlds as no tire is going to excel for everything.
You can't beat a winter ice and snow tire for the winter.

ProRmk800

Reaction score
I have 265/16 10 ply duratracs on my duramax whats everyone run for tire pressure front and back with a loaded 4 place sled trailer? i think what says on the inside of the door is way to much air. looking for opions??

twumba

Reaction score
I just put a set of the new Toyo A/T 2's on my Dodge - Hands down the best tire I have ever owned. I have always ran the Toyo M/T's, but wanted to try something that would be a little more winter friendly. I rarely have to switch into 4wd pulling the enclosed trailer over winter roads and icy logging roads. They are fairly aggressive for an A/T and have a fairly aggressive look to them. I know that we will be selling a ton of them. Lots of E-Rated sizes to choose from!!
Been looking at these tires, I'm running the Nitto Trail Grapplers right now, how much for 35x12.50-17?

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've followed this thread from the start until now, and it only reinforces what I said originally. Mud tires and AT tires are a compromise. If you want something to keep you safe on winter roads, buy an ice and snow radial.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
I've followed this thread from the start until now, and it only reinforces what I said originally. Mud tires and AT tires are a compromise. If you want something to keep you safe on winter roads, buy an ice and snow radial.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

what he said.
I use a company vehicle all year and it has duratracs on it I hate them 50000 kms and they are shot. we run full 350 crew cab long boxes carrying up to 1500lbs and pulling trailers off and on. I think they are overrated even with studs, a $10 candian tire special with studs will have great traction.

Friend runs the toyo A/T on his 2500 crew s/b carrys approx 1000lbs at all times he hates them tire are wearing like crazy and no traction he says.

I run Kelly Fierce on my 2500 crew s/b, 10000kms never rotated yet and you wont be able to tell which are front or back. i pulled 24000lbs about 5500 kms of those kms. Super aggresive in loose/mud/snow, not noticably noisy down highway. throw gravel pretty bad, and in the winter ice it gets twitchy. but some wieght could cure that.

Had goodyear wrangler silent armor on my 1/2 ton, great tire got 65000kms out of them snow and ice were fantastic, as well as gravel didnt get throwin around, but in mud they were a bit to be desired, never got stuck but you would feel like you were going to the whole time.

Top Bottom