cut down roll cage on xtz

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thought someone would like to see what it looked like with a cut down rollcage, i cut 4" off rear, 3" off front i think it looks better now:d

Attachments

• chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 001.jpg
    chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 001.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 54
  • chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 002.jpg
    chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 002.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 50
  • chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 004.jpg
    chopped xtz, goodyear tires, dunlop tires 004.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 42

hammerbike

Reaction score
thought someone would like to see what it looked like with a cut down rollcage, i cut 4" off rear, 3" off front i think it looks better now:d
How did you line up the mounting points (the lower cage) after you shortened it?
I've looked at doing this but I can't see how it "fits" back together. I'm probably missing something obvious, but would appreciate your help.
Hammer

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did you line up the mounting points (the lower cage) after you shortened it?
I've looked at doing this but I can't see how it "fits" back together. I'm probably missing something obvious, but would appreciate your help.
Hammer

you need the existing mounting brackets out of the cage so you can weld or bolt back into the tube you just cut< look at the cage above the bolts you will see 3 welds there. cut above those welds and grind off the welds to reuse the bracket that is installed into the rollcage from factory, the rear is straight foreward as it is square cut, the front needs to be cut a bit of an angle to line up nicely to the lower cage. once you remove the rollcage and dissasemble it you will understand better how its done. i rebolted the bracket into the rollcage [where the 3 welds were] when i had it lined up.the upper cross braces are a little tight also, need to die grind a couple holes a bit bigger to get botls started.

hammerbike

Reaction score
you need the existing mounting brackets out of the cage so you can weld or bolt back into the tube you just cut< look at the cage above the bolts you will see 3 welds there. cut above those welds and grind off the welds to reuse the bracket that is installed into the rollcage from factory, the rear is straight foreward as it is square cut, the front needs to be cut a bit of an angle to line up nicely to the lower cage. once you remove the rollcage and dissasemble it you will understand better how its done. i rebolted the bracket into the rollcage [where the 3 welds were] when i had it lined up.the upper cross braces are a little tight also, need to die grind a couple holes a bit bigger to get botls started.
Thanks for the details. I'm gonna take a look at it this winter I think.
Hammer

Top Bottom