Corbin Parking Lot Update GOOD NEWS

Maclintock

Reaction score
I asked a good friend of mine ( Works at mine) to check into this and see what is happening.
He talked to his foreman, who said that they are not closing off the parking lot or chaining entry points to the area. It was already to go and a contractor had even been hired ( He did not elaborate on this).
Why it remains open?????? Who knows and his foreman did not have answers. Maybe the French family and the powers that be had something to do with this.?????
But this is good news for now.
But I am sure if they see tracks in those ponds, , or back into the mine this will be escalated again.
So tell all of your friends to stay off the mine property and obey all signs.:nono:
Maybe the A&E group can post ( A Big One) a sign to this effect as they are the ones who seem to collect the $$$$$ at the lot.

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot for the post man thats good to hear that they are not closing the road and x2 on a&e making a big sign...that would be great if they did that, give sum people the idea to say of the land going in on the left...

turbostang

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the people at a@e racing are going to be putting up signs, policing the area that is mine property,the guys and gals at a@e are good people they probably had a lot to do with keeping it open for us,so everyone should watch out for these areas and help keep people off

Maclintock

Reaction score
Was up their yesterday, and No signs yet, but a lot of tracks going into those tailing ponds off the main trail.
STAY THE F out of their pleeeeeeeeeease.:nono:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up their yesterday, and No signs yet, but a lot of tracks going into those tailing ponds off the main trail.
STAY THE F out of their pleeeeeeeeeease.:nono:

Unfortunately you are preaching to the converted, most of the riders on these websites are very cognisant of the riding area volatility and how quickly things can be closed, they are the good peeps. Its people with poor attitudes, self-righteous azzholes and lots of stupid people who just happen to own a sled that do not frequent the websites/forums (many of who just lurk and read posts about where the snow is good) and cant' be bothered to learn about where they can or cannot ride, who are going to lose it for all of us. If it was me, I wouldn't have said anything about it still being open, maybe they would have read that the mine was going to close it and went to a different area instead. Now we're back to dealing with the same problem again. Technology can be an assest and a liability.

Time to take a stand people, if you still want to have sledding areas in 10 yrs, better start self policing. I'm tired of losing out because stupid fawks can't learn the rules, or won't obey them.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt A@E out of brooks? you would think some people who are a little more local like crow snow riders or sparwodd club would put up the signs in that area! I dont think signs are gonna do anything IMO look a quartz and all other riding areas even with signs up people keep going back in there only time it is gonna work is if you actually catch the fawkers doing it. glad to hear corbin is back on always nice to park a truck there and then start from castle or north kootenay are and make a big round trip

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt A@E out of brooks? you would think some people who are a little more local like crow snow riders or sparwodd club would put up the signs in that area! I dont think signs are gonna do anything IMO look a quartz and all other riding areas even with signs up people keep going back in there only time it is gonna work is if you actually catch the fawkers doing it. glad to hear corbin is back on always nice to park a truck there and then start from castle or north kootenay are and make a big round trip

There is a sign box with the map posted of the mine property "No Ride" areas at the parking lot bridge. Recent reports confirmed that it is still there.

Pretty hard to miss it, pretty easy to understand it..........

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

A&E, I think, was instrumental in getting the Corbin Country Club off the ground and registering the trail with MOTSA. I don't know the technicalities of the "registered trail" (ie how of it is on mine property and how much is on Crown land) but it is nice to see that it is "registered" and cudos to the gang for doing so.....

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good for them is rite! just sayin yeah i seen the sign yeah i know not to go in closed areas but it is honestly like a speed zone sign umay see it but so many ignore it! signs are good yes to tell the people who care that the area is closed but to others it just makes an open invitation because they see fresh pow pow and get the thrill of riding in closed areas just saying good to see signs but they only work to a certain degreee

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wish people would stay off the mine property, lots of riding areas apast the mine side, maybe one should fence it off with snow fence, id be willing to donate a 100ft roll if thats what we all need to do so we dont loose the area because of some dycks :rant:

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Unfortunately, people who trespass do not seem to read OR understand signs, the biggest tools for fighting idiocy and ignorance is going to be self policing and education from all of us riders who care. If we could all take the time to talk to people out there in the parking lot everytime were out there, word will get around that the place will be shut down if this continues!! Not everyone likes to hear it, but those are usually the people that NEED to hear it.. Just a thought, but, Is there any people/club(s) that are out there steady that would be willing to make up and distribute flyers about the issue, and put them under peoples windshield wipers of the vehicles that are sitting in the Staging area at Corbin? If the people at the mine see us all trying hard to educate everyone, there may be a bit more of a fighting chance in the future...

x-mark

Reaction score
hey just an update for everyone .... if your headin out on the pipeline, stick too the beaten trail...... 52 km on the new sled and it just so happens it needs a new A arm now!! lol . snow was good in the trees by the notch.. :beer:cheers:beer:

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Terry (he's one of the individuals that looks after the grooming at Corbin). The story goes that the mine had planned to fence off the parking lot and close access through their property. With some negotiations they were able to convince the mine to spend the money on fencing the open areas along the trail instead of the parking lot. This is to be done next summer. If you see Terry or George in the parking lot or out grooming be sure to thank them. If it wasn't for their work we wouldn't staging out of the townsite.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the best news ive heard this season, thanks to everyone who had a part in keeping this axcess open. :party:

whiskeythrottle

Reaction score
Spoke with Terry (he's one of the individuals that looks after the grooming at Corbin). The story goes that the mine had planned to fence off the parking lot and close access through their property. With some negotiations they were able to convince the mine to spend the money on fencing the open areas along the trail instead of the parking lot. This is to be done next summer. If you see Terry or George in the parking lot or out grooming be sure to thank them. If it wasn't for their work we wouldn't staging out of the townsite.

Thanks Terry and George and everyone else involved for all your efforts!! :bow::bow::bow:
Thanks for the info SnowJunkie, that's awesome news! :party2:

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That being said, All this work and grooming costs money, and free labour. Please pay for trail passes or join the club and support the efforts.
We need all the members we can get to keep a voice that people will listen to. There will be ribbon across the no riding zones for this year until the fence gets put up. If you see it down, please help and put it back up. If this area gets abused, the mine can still change their mind on us.

Thanks

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Here is the presidents letter from the Corbin Country Club. I encourage everyone to join this club that rides corbin on a regular basis. Call A&E and ask for George for membership details. 403-362-6401. They are the reason we can still stage from the town site and also the reason the corbin trail stays so nice now. Help report any tresspassers and we will keep this open for all.

President’s Report - Dec 1/10

The Corbin Country Club is now going into its seventh year of being a recognized organization within the British Columbia Society Act and a member of the British Columbia Snowmobile Federation. For the first four years we operated under a yearly interim snowmobile trail agreement with the Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Arts. We were then granted a permanent (5 yr) agreement allowing us to charge a trailhead fee.
We are presently grooming approximately 20 km of trail south from the staging area down the Flathead and are now in the position to be able to groom on a much more frequent basis as the money be collected from trail passes is going directly back into the purchase and maintenance of the grooming equipment.
An ongoing issue that needs to be addressed is the persistent trespassing onto Teck Coal’s property. The land the staging area – parking lot is located on is owned by the mine and they are allowing us to use it. If the trespassing continues they have indicated they are prepared to close the parking lot leaving no staging area. This would drastically affect our operations in the Corbin area.
We recently had a meeting with the General Manager and the Superintendant at Teck Coal and they are allowing the use of the staging area for another season. In return they expect to see a significant reduction in the amount of trespassing. We must do everything we can to keep riders, members or not, from entering Teck Coal property.
The membership was 72 last season and we presently stand at 11. The Poker run is scheduled for the weekend of Feb 19 - 20 with the vintage run on Saturday and the normal one on Sunday. Last year we had 19 in the vintage class and 85 in the normal run.

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The membership was 72 last season and we presently stand at 11.

Only 11...........................................doesnt say much for support form the peps riding the area on any given day. Lets see these numbers get higher people. Thanks for the info team dirt

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah thats pretty dumb man only 11 the more ppl to help the trail out the better ride we guys well have, like hillclimbeb911 say lets c them numbers higher guys......

Top Bottom