Considering a RZR. Got a couple questions.

mudmama

Reaction score
We "demo-ed" a Rzr S this past weekend. We worked it hard and took it through mud, trails and sand. It did well. No flipping, did not get stuck. The only downfall was that we all like the feel of our ATV's and found that the Rzr was "easy". If that makes any sense. It would be great for hauling coolers, tents, wood and that sort of thing whilst on trails but we decided that we like the feel of our ATV's better. So if you like the feel of driving a Jeep then the Rzr s would work great!!!!!

snoboy

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking how much for the Walker Evans Rzr? I'm looking at picking up a Rzr this spring & dont really see much out there for good used so for the price may just go new. But really want the better suspension to start with.
What dealer did you get it from?

Paid about $15.5 for one last week, that's with taxes and some extra goodies (roof, winch, windshield, stereo). Pretty sure the only difference is upgraded shocks and some additional stickers.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can squeeze one on a 9 foot trailer.

official polaris dimensions are 9 feet long and 64 inchs wide for the rzr900. so add a couple inches for the suspension being compressed while tied down.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a SXS since 2005. At first it was a little tough getting around on the narrow trails and everyone laughed at me for driving the grandpamobile. Now, as SXS's are increasingly getting more popular, the trails are getting wider and easier to negotiate, no one is laughing anymore. The quads have a hard time keeping up, and they beat the he.. out of themselves trying to do so. The power of the 900 is awesome, no doubt, but I have zero issues getting around on my 800S. And only once in a mud hole do I wish I had a little more power. IMO there is no problem running the 900 down the trails now, so go big if you want too.

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a die hard cat sxs owner since the beginning. Own a 07 650h1 xt prowler and have added a cr cage and made a bench to put car seats in the rear for my two kids. Loved it. Till my wife and kids and I had a scare last fall over in bc riding at our favorite get away spot. Now that this has happened we got thinking and looking into a different sxs. Some what sad to say that we are giving up on the cat sxs and are going to pick up a 900 xp 4 seater later today. Can't wait!!

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a die hard cat sxs owner since the beginning. Own a 07 650h1 xt prowler and have added a cr cage and made a bench to put car seats in the rear for my two kids. Loved it. Till my wife and kids and I had a scare last fall over in bc riding at our favorite get away spot. Now that this has happened we got thinking and looking into a different sxs. Some what sad to say that we are giving up on the cat sxs and are going to pick up a 900 xp 4 seater later today. Can't wait!!

Your bride is going to love the stability of the xp. That big wide machine is so stable my bride says she was always afraid the old Rhino was going to tip over. Now she just loves going out in the rzr :)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drove one the other day......So smooth i did not even notice it,Very nice !!!.Yet not too much over steer. I would pay the extra,when one considers the width of the XP it does come in handy at times...........imo

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have the power steering.

i demo'd a rzrs-800 w/o power steering before i bought mine.

the power steering is great, makes it a lot easier to go faster and choose a better line. also much easier to manuever in the bush, and just in general.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the power steering. Just not big on the voodoo blue, like the orange or silver better. How much are the steering kits?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can one of you xp900 guys do me a favor and measure your xp from the farthest point at the front to the dead center of the rear tire? Wondering how far it will stick out the back of my mega cab!!!
thanks for the info in advance! I think I probably need a Dually!!Wife is gunna chit! Oh well she'll bounce back.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The factory Popo kit is about 1600 installed..........Super ATV is 600 plus shipping and then the install,which appears quite easy (2hrs).Good feedback on it so far................

Top Bottom