Collision repair poor quality.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not going to slander any shops in Red Deer but look at the quality of this repair. Wife's Honda was hit a ran in January after dragging her feet to get it fixed she picked it up today. This is how it looked prior to being fixed.
e24fe5ac71eb0ee34ba5e30d47b3516e.jpg
b1ba8606cd9a7185d2962a2572d820c1.jpg
1021e80abda1472330e603792685eeda.jpg

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone spot why I am pissed and taking it back tomorrow?
60b9ed1b704f17e1abb8284c4eab6752.jpg
ab475f2b9dc51c5a3ca194bcf51b15e4.jpg
a2c280669b1b6864a30285850beffc55.jpg
a9a61e8d95853e7fd1c2d9e1733024a7.jpg
21774c0e73f9862eb03d03790c72e594.jpg

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad gaps, broken retainer, scuff on the flare, body line not matching up

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad gaps, broken retainer, scuff on the flare, body line not matching up
Nailed it. I dont have a picture of it but there is a large crease in the front support behind the hole in the bumper. Likely a truck with a trailer hitch in that backed into it. I told the insurance company and the repair shop that it was bent. I guess my opinion doesn't matter. Well it won't be my time wasted to remove everthing and try again.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was it one if their chitty rely network shops? Tell them when you take it back that you wanna see a printout of the measurements under hood. They should be able to give you a printout showing they confirmed the Underhood dimensions were in spec. It’s much like a wheel alignment, but for specific points on the structure. They should be doing one on every Honda in an accident per manufacturer guidelines.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a hell of a lot better job then i've seen from most shops. It's rare to actually see a job where you can't tell any work was done.

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Undoubtedly an after-market replacement bumper, not OEM. This is a common issue on alignment and gapping. I used to work in an OEM remanufacturing shop, and why shops liked our bumpers - perfect fit as compared to AM bumpers.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Undoubtedly an after-market replacement bumper, not OEM. This is a common issue on alignment and gapping. I used to work in an OEM remanufacturing shop, and why shops liked our bumpers - perfect fit as compared to AM bumpers.
Just looked over the invoice non-oem bumper cover. The next drive this thing goes on might be unoccupied over a cliff. Car was also previously repaired to the tune of $11700. Not impressed with my wifes purchase to say the least. Anyone want to hire an Electronic Technoligist I have had about enough of the BS I have had to deal with while I have been trying to take the summer off after being shut down from work June 30.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to find a Honda certified shop. As a Honda warranty facility Honda sells me oem parts for less than a/m. It’s a program called auto parts bridge. Call your insurance company and tell them you are un satisfied, push for a reinspect of the repair at a Honda certified facility. Preferably a non mso. Franchises generally have pretty lax quality control

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to find a Honda certified shop. As a Honda warranty facility Honda sells me oem parts for less than a/m. It’s a program called auto parts bridge. Call your insurance company and tell them you are un satisfied, push for a reinspect of the repair at a Honda certified facility. Preferably a non mso. Franchises generally have pretty lax quality control
Thanks I am waiting for a call back from the insurance adjuster.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big question is, are you dealing with your own insurance company or another? If it's another, they are allowed to use used or aftermarket parts, only option is to try and fight with them, but seeing as the jobs done I think it would be a waste of time. If it's your company it would depend what's in your policy, but if it's older then 3-4 years they most likely can use used or aftermarket also.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a pretty sad reality...

It is. If it was a truck, almost any shop or insurance adjuster would say it's more then good enough.

I had an insurance adjuster try to tell me the taillights on box of my truck and tailgate gap was off from the factory and it's good enough because it's a truck. Not a chance it was from the accident.....

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big question is, are you dealing with your own insurance company or another? If it's another, they are allowed to use used or aftermarket parts, only option is to try and fight with them, but seeing as the jobs done I think it would be a waste of time. If it's your company it would depend what's in your policy, but if it's older then 3-4 years they most likely can use used or aftermarket also.
My own it was a hit and run.

busted2x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Opposite actually. It’s a legal right in Alberta to have your vehicle fixed by the shop of your choice. No matter what that repair plan is. Your own policy you signed an agreement to have it fixed their way. You never signed an agreement with any one else’s insurer.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
All the insurance companies now spec jobber parts When your vehicle is older than 30 months. One I know of now is using jobber after 24 months. So cheap. I found this out when I hit a deer and were
Demanding that they use factory parts. I was told that I would have to pay the difference. Almost felt like I was treated like a criminal when dealing with the body shop and insurance company. Once my policy come close to expiration I will move to another company. I am with peace hills since 1986

Top Bottom