Clutch Kit Help

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest what clutch kit to go with for my 09 summit xp 800 x 146. i ride around sylvan lake sometimes(when there is snow) but i also get out to the mountains. any suggestions on what type of kit to put in or if i should just leave it stock.​

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2 on that. make sure you get his ramps also as they will help on the trail and top end. if not get the 415's and when on the lake you will most likley run #2 or 3 and in the mountain #4 i think

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what i want is a dual elevation dj kit? and do my clickers still work with this? sorry i am very new to this sled stuff

HiLlClImB911

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dj kit works well, you will still have adjustment on your clickers. dont worry about being new to this, lots of good info on here and guys who will share their knowledge.

inside

Reaction score
DJ dual kit works wonders great in the mountain, have to change some parts but is great in the flatlands.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put DJ high elevation kit on my 800 and all i can say is WOW! Even away from the mountains it works so much better than stock and the backshift is perfect. I just leave all the weight in the kit in all the time and only would move 1 click to get enough at altitude. 8000 rpm at 6000 ft and 8200 at 2240 ft. Thats on #2 clicker and the highest weights in the kit. Joe is very helpful with the setup if needed as well. My choice for sure.

zenk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
see i am new to all this. the only adjustment i know how to make on the clutch is the belt itself and the clickers haha. i dunno anything about the weight or how to change them

doo-guy

Reaction score
Just ride the sled, get to know how everything works and have a blast. There are lots of good people on here that will help you. Mods can always be done down the road.

Top Bottom