Cleaning clutch

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to clean black crap off the primary sheaves, bolt came out of secondary and slipped a bunch before I caught it.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i spray brake clean on a rag then wipe it off. Then i use a fine scotch brite pad to polish the faces

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not use brake clean as it has petroleum products in it . "Oil " lol
Use acetone or something like it.
You can buy clutch cleaning sprays at dealerships as well but acetone is cheaper.

Mach1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do not use brake clean as it has petroleum products in it . "Oil " lol
Use acetone or something like it.
You can buy clutch cleaning sprays at dealerships as well but acetone is cheaper.

Yep exactly what I use, thx

AGGRESIVEZEBRA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive always had good luck with using dawn dish soap. get rid of all oils and is obviously super easy on the surfaces. little bit of dawn and water in a spray bottle spray it on let it sit for a couple mis re pray and wipe down. super easy and probably have everything in your kitchen to do it.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me refrase that, i use Wurth brake clean which contains no oils. Some do yes. Acetone works good, can actually buy a solution ( forget the name ) from motovan for this. I carry a small bottle in my tunnel bag just incase a belt grenades and makes a mess.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pressure washer and a degreaser. I'm lazy. Works well for me. Also cleans all the belt dust from the clutches. I always run it after to try get all the water out. Don't let the water freeze, and don't try to drive with wet clutch faces. Works better if you take the belt off as well.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 on the acetone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pressure washer and a degreaser. I'm lazy. Works well for me. Also cleans all the belt dust from the clutches. I always run it after to try get all the water out. Don't let the water freeze, and don't try to drive with wet clutch faces. Works better if you take the belt off as well.
I agree 100%...
And compressed air after every ride...

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Compressed air blown inside the primary of a TRA after every ride/trip really helps.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Light scuff with Scotchbrite or fine sandpaper then the premium brake clean from C-Tire. Oil free as well. Works real well and has for many years.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you clean your belt with hot water and dish soap and scrub with scotch bright, you will notice there will be way less black marks on your clutches

new belts are cover in oil from the manufacturing process

Top Bottom