Class A motorhome windshield

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a big motorhome with a windshield that was replaced? Who did you go to? I need one of mine done soon. Id like to go to a place that does a good job unlike the last ones that did it at the dealer before I picked it up. It has to go through insurance as well. I haven't ever gone through insurance so that is new to me too. Edmonton area.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont buy a Chinese knock off windshield (XYG is one of them). They are more brittle and will crack much more easily. I talked to a bodyman and he educated me on quality, value vs price. PGW is made in the US, its a good quality windshield.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Called Woody's today and found they use Crystal glass on 97st. So I am getting a quote from them. Got a quote from the mobile guys tat come in to do our truck windshields. They quoted $1200 but they have screwed up on a bunch of our windshields. Boss called the owner and apparently that has been rectified but I don't want to have issues. Also getting a quote from glass masters in sherwood park.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Called Woody's today and found they use Crystal glass on 97st. So I am getting a quote from them. Got a quote from the mobile guys tat come in to do our truck windshields. They quoted $1200 but they have screwed up on a bunch of our windshields. Boss called the owner and apparently that has been rectified but I don't want to have issues. Also getting a quote from glass masters in sherwood park.
Call Windshield Surgeons in Sherwood Park as well. Ask for Willy and tell him Chris from Robin's Automotive told you to talk to him.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

WarrenG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure whoever you go with guarantees their work. Had some trouble with other shops before and even dealing with Woodys didn't go well.

dale+shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my car to a shop in north Edmonton for a windshield. As they pulled back on the fender to get at a clip, they pulled to hard and folded the fender. had to replace and repaint the fender. A $1600 hit on them, they didn't like it, but they paid the bill.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a mobile unit that comes to our shop to do ours. I got their quote and thought it was high until I got the other quotes in. Needless to say they are doing my windshield. Hopefully done next week if it comes in time. It has to be brought in from the states.

Top Bottom