Check Engine light on 2007 M1000 Sno Pro

okleyguy

Reaction score
While out the other day ditch banging the check engine light would flash at idol as soon as I brought the sled up past 4 grand and was riding it hard it would go out. Any idea as to what this could be. The nearest place I can get the code checked is 2 hours away. Also does this sled throw a code and it is stored or does it have to be doing it to read the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While out the other day ditch banging the check engine light would flash at idol as soon as I brought the sled up past 4 grand and was riding it hard it would go out. Any idea as to what this could be. The nearest place I can get the code checked is 2 hours away. Also does this sled throw a code and it is stored or does it have to be doing it to read the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

the codes are on the ecu. open the hood and read what each code means. eg: 3 flashes = something or other.

canadakevin

Reaction score
I am not positive but I suspect you were over heating and then when you went faster the sled cooled down. These sleds need to move to stay cool.

One idea when you are in a situation that you can't go quick is everytime you stop throw some snow over the rear tunnel at the back, right on top of the heat exchanger.

Also do you have scratchers - if not and you are going to ride this way - it is well worth the $75.00 as this will also help with throwing snow up into the tunnel.

I am interested to see what others say, but most likely this is it.

Kevin

okleyguy

Reaction score
Kevin thanks for that info but the sled did it as soon as I pulled it off the trailer and was warming up so I don't believe it's a heating issue. Also I do run the scratchers as I know how quick these machines can heat up on the trail. Any other insight would be greatly appreciated.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kevin thanks for that info but the sled did it as soon as I pulled it off the trailer and was warming up so I don't believe it's a heating issue. Also I do run the scratchers as I know how quick these machines can heat up on the trail. Any other insight would be greatly appreciated.

Like pipes said check how many flashes I have service manual at work can check for you :)

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay this is direct from the service manual

Check Engine Light
The check engine light it controlled by the ECU and may illuminate for a number of reasons. THe light should illuminate every time the key is turned to run or start and should go out when the engine starts. If the light stays illuminated or it illuminates while the ending is running, the ECU is receiving input what is outside of its established parameters.

Diagnostic Codes/ Check Engine
These diagnostic codes are flashed by the check engine light incorporated within the speedometer/tachometer. Refer to the following chart for code sequences.

NOTE: On single digit codes (2,4 etc) the number indicated will flash in an uninterrupted sequence. On double digit codes (1-2, 1-6 etc) the first number indicated will flash in an uninterrupted sequence, there will be a short pause, and the second number will flash in an uninterrupted sequence.

If the coolant temp is at or above 80 C the coolant temp light will flash a warning. If the coolant temp is at or above 93 C the coolant will cease flashing and will remain constantly illuminated.

Number of Flashes Trouble
(Check engine light)
1-2 - ---- Failure in ignition coil
1-6 ------ incorrect adjustment/ failure in APV cable
1-7 ------ failure in exhaust temp sensor
1-8 ------ failure in servo motor
2 -------- failure in injector(s)
2-1 ------ failure in knock sensor
2-3 ------ failure in knock control system
4 --------- open or short circuit in barometric pressure sensor
5 --------- open or short circuit in water temp sensor
6 --------- open or short circuit in intake air temp sensor
7 --------- open or short circuit in throttle position sensor

Hope that helps!

okleyguy

Reaction score
Thank you for that info I will do a little checking and let you all know what I find.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys/gals at T&T are a huge asset to us on this site, also you give us great deals on sleds, quads, clothing etc etc. Not too often people tell you bout the positive so I thought I'd throw it out there.:)

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys/gals at T&T are a huge asset to us on this site, also you give us great deals on sleds, quads, clothing etc etc. Not too often people tell you bout the positive so I thought I'd throw it out there.:)

Thank you. We love to help out our fellow riders! =)
Speaking of assets... have you seen your avatar? LOL Yiiikes :eek:

okleyguy

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help the engine light never came on once the next ride so for now will just keep an eye on it.

DVAST8R

Reaction score
my 07 m1000 is throwing failure in servo code and it seems like its spinning backwards can anyone help me?

Top Bottom