Changing a bulkhead on m1000

M1000CAT

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty big job but is there any easy ways to tackle this. I need to change mine and the tunnel.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a pneumatic rivet gun. Best thing I did when I replaced my bulkhead.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one on here has change a bulkhead? Hard to believe..

same ways as if you were to eat an elephant. One bite at a time. There is not easy way to change a bulkhead. This is a labor intensive job. That is the reason a majority of sleds with bulkhead damage result in an insurance write off. As pinko stated get yourself a pneumatic rivet gun. I would suggest you get yourself a case of Gibbies. after changing out the bulkhead you may need a shot or two.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same ways as if you were to eat an elephant. One bite at a time. There is not easy way to change a bulkhead. This is a labor intensive job. That is the reason a majority of sleds with bulkhead damage result in an insurance write off. As pinko stated get yourself a pneumatic rivet gun. I would suggest you get yourself a case of Gibbies. after changing out the bulkhead you may need a shot or two.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Take pictures as you disassemble everything. It could be a great help later to route the wiring harness back in place....and yup, go to princess Auto and buy their pneumatic riviet tool. And don't cheap out on the rivits for the bulkhead...if you don't SS rivets, the boly supply place across from Princess Auto stocks them.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take pictures as you disassemble everything. It could be a great help later to route the wiring harness back in place....and yup, go to princess Auto and buy their pneumatic riviet tool. And don't cheap out on the rivits for the bulkhead...if you don't SS rivets, the boly supply place across from Princess Auto stocks them.

Great Idea to take pictures. I see you must watch American Restoration too.

Top Bottom