Cell phone providers

350summitX

Reaction score
Hey all,

Looking at a cell plan deal through the construction association, but it's through Rogers.

I've been on Bell for quite sometime now, and have heard some disconcerting things about Rogers coverage. We're usually around the Edmonton area, but with business and sledding we can be in all corners of Alberta (pincher creek, Hanna GP, Ft Mac, etc...), and into the BC interior (Mcbride, Valemount, Revy, Kelowna, Vancouver etc...)

Is any one currently with Rogers that can vouch for their coverage, or should I suck it up and stay with Bell?

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vale has no rogers coverage. Suspect Mcbride is the same??

the450kid

Reaction score
I had both for work and just cancelled my Rogers this afternoon as their business side is an absolute joke when it comes to billing and dealing with them... I've been with bell for 12 years, they all suck, Its about how much BS you are willing to tolerate..

vegamark

Reaction score
My work changed to rogers, it sucks, live by tofield and it don't work half the time, my telus works just fine

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No Rogers coverage in the cold lake area either. Or at least they didn't a year or two ago.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mt work had telus and tried rogers and it didnt take long to go back to telus,for your plan you may also check koodo for they are a division of telus with different plan options,all same coverage just telus and koodo have different plan options. when we tried rogers lost calls and alot of non coverage areas in alberta,and like previous stated non coverage at vale

Summit 934

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I travel all over Canada and the US, Telus still has the best roaming coverage of them all. I've talked to other guys with Rogers and Bell, they are constantly dropping calls and no coverage. Telus service sucks in the states since they have a pi$$ing match going on with Verizon when they stopped them from coming into Canada wanting to offer us all affordable and reasonable cell phone rates. Now Verizon won't let any Telus customers use their towers, it's not too bad there when I lock my phone onto AT&T. It can be a pain to deal with Telus, I've been with them since they started and finally got unlimited long distance and texting North America wide, 2.5G of data in Canada for $100, but not without a lot of bitching!!

Top Bottom