Cataract/Etherington 2013/14 Thread

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of going this upcoming weekend but it's looking like its gonna be a deep freeze

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to ask fellow Snow and Mudders a question: DID ANY OF YOU, that read this, HEAR GUN SHOTS AROUND/NEAR/IN THE CATARACT CREEK PARKING LOT OVER THE LAST FOUR WEEKS?

Specifically, I ask this as my trailer, which had to have a wheel hub replaced (ended up replacing the whole axle), has sustained numerous bullet holes to it's hitch and jack, that you would have saw there. I also know that the shots were fired on at least two occasions, as there were more holes when I repaired and picked up the trailer yesterday. This is coming on the heals of the unloading dock facility being burnt, and now in need of repair.

Who are our fellow citizens causing this damage, and for what reason - I ask rhetorically? Someone, or a few, must not have been loved by their parents growing up!

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I wanted to ask fellow Snow and Mudders a question: DID ANY OF YOU, that read this, HEAR GUN SHOTS AROUND/NEAR/IN THE CATARACT CREEK PARKING LOT OVER THE LAST FOUR WEEKS?

Specifically, I ask this as my trailer, which had to have a wheel hub replaced (ended up replacing the whole axle), has sustained numerous bullet holes to it's hitch and jack, that you would have saw there. I also know that the shots were fired on at least two occasions, as there were more holes when I repaired and picked up the trailer yesterday. This is coming on the heals of the unloading dock facility being burnt, and now in need of repair.

Who are our fellow citizens causing this damage, and for what reason - I ask rhetorically? Someone, or a few, must not have been loved by their parents growing up!

I was there feb. 19. First thing in the morning. I did a walk around your trailer as I knew it was yours. I did look at the hitch, jack and believe the front frame rail had holes through it. Hitch lock ball was stuck up there.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootings in the parking lot? Thats not good.....

What does everyone use for accurate weather forecast/gauging? Is Nakiska the most accurate for the area. Specifically snowfall amounts.

Thanks,

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there feb. 19. First thing in the morning. I did a walk around your trailer as I knew it was yours. I did look at the hitch, jack and believe the front frame rail had holes through it. Hitch lock ball was stuck up there.

Thanks for keeping an eye on it!

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shootings in the parking lot? Thats not good.....

What does everyone use for accurate weather forecast/gauging? Is Nakiska the most accurate for the area. Specifically snowfall amounts.

Thanks,
I use the Longview, AB forecast on The Weather Network website. Seems to be pretty good, as per my observations.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wow, really??? That's quite the dick move for someone to be out there shooting up a trailer! I've been to the Etherington staging area a few times so far and everything has been quiet, but I haven't gone all the way down to Cataract. Glad you got the trailer out before more damage could be done. I'll certainly keep my eyes open for strange vehicles in the area.

fshog

Reaction score
Its looking like its going to be fantastic weather this weekend! I plan on going out friday/saturday. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am hoping to head out Sat...missed you last time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RMKRookie

Reaction score
Hi Kaz, we were there on Weds the 26th and the trailer looked OK - 2 RCMP guys were just leaving on sleds with two others when we arrived - maybe there was something else going on? On the road in, there was a dark blue Titan with a guy getting his camo on, but that was near the highwood house area.

TryHonesty

Reaction score
I am up for Saturday! What time does everybody wanna meet? If I see any vandals, I WILL run them over. Im sorry to hear about that crap Kaz, let me know when we are going to wreck those bastards!!! Hope those cops were on the hunt for them.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is everybody's best guess for new snow this week looking at weathernetwork? Its tough to gagues.
I checked out Nakiska and Longviews forecasts. Would total accumulation this week of 30cm by friday be out of the question? (we should get a pot going and pay up in the parking lot on closest to)

Top Bottom