Cataract/Etherington 2012/13

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right there were four creeks, 2 open 2 frozen. Does the trail over typically have a little more snow? 11 miles of rock is prob pretty accurate. How far is elk ford from Calgary?

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Your right there were four creeks, 2 open 2 frozen. Does the trail over typically have a little more snow? 11 miles of rock is prob pretty accurate. How far is elk ford from Calgary?

The trail is usually not the best. And if it has more snow then its usually whooped out. Elkford is 3hr + . Not worth the drive to ride fording. Much better places to ride in that drive time. Or if you are going to drive that direction.

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mind sharing some of those better places? Been out to quartz and it was great the day we were there but there must have been an easy 150 sleds. People were parking on the shoulder of the highway. I liked how not busy fording was but can't bear to ride that trail often.

bennito

Reaction score
You mind sharing some of those better places? Been out to quartz and it was great the day we were there but there must have been an easy 150 sleds. People were parking on the shoulder of the highway. I liked how not busy fording was but can't bear to ride that trail often.

2.5 hrs- quartz,gorman,silent pass, castle, crowsnest pass. 4hrs- boulder, frisby, keystone, sail, 4.5 hrs- eagles, blue lake, queest, owls head, hunters. to name a few for ya! all 10x better than fording

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. We're heading out to revy mid jan for the first time ever so I'll see what I can find on those ones. anyone have a favorite out there you would recommend. Thanks

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. We're heading out to revy mid jan for the first time ever so I'll see what I can find on those ones. anyone have a favorite out there you would recommend. Thanks
Frisbee ridge... not as busy and a little smaller of area but i think its nicer

Kaz Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For those interested on this thread, a gathering is taking place to discuss possible grooming and improvements to the Cataract Creek Snowmobile area for the future. Those of us already interested (6) and getting together are going to have an open, pie-in-the-sky discussion of the wants and needs for this area. Experience is coming to the table from other clubs activities and southern alberta "locals" wanting more for the area. YOU ALL ARE INVITED, and hopefully you have the time. The date is Wednesday, January 9, at 7:30 pm. Please send me a personal message and I will get back to you with the location. Keep the time booked for this meeting.

This is not meant to be a "take over of the area" or an "exclusive club" of people. The vision is that there are different type of riders with different wants and needs for the area, so let's get together and make progress for all. If you can not make the appointed time (it will be only the first official get-together), and want to contribute/share your ideas, please send them to me in a personal message. I guarantee they will be expressed at the meeting. There have already been some radical ideas brought forward as compared to any thing that has happened in the past or currently been shared on sites like this. We will "throw everything against the wall and see what sticks". I always say there is no such thing as a bad idea, only different thoughts/opinions on a subject.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Here is a dumb little clip i put together testing out my new helmet cam. Drift HD i got for Christmas. I need to turn the mic down a bit . Still lots of learning to do with it.

Ride was From December 29 2012

Sorry no music in video and kind of boring just thought i would share

Fording Pass Cataract Creek Etherington - YouTube

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a dumb little clip i put together testing out my new helmet cam. Drift HD i got for Christmas. I need to turn the mic down a bit . Still lots of learning to do with it.

Ride was From December 29 2012

Sorry no music in video and kind of boring just thought i would share

Is that logged out area on the BC side?

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love it!

Do you have an external Mic?? Mine records no where that loud with the built in Mic. Actually mine with the internal Mic at max is perfect.

Last edited:

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know the crossing at 1:42.... nice clear video, looked like a great day for it!

ps. don't give it all away!! like a wiseman once said, it is like your favorite fishing hole, you never give up the location!

Last edited:

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Love it!

Do you have an external Mic?? Mine records no where that loud with the built in Mic. Actually mine with the internal Mic at max is perfect.

No external Mic, just the built in one. I will turn it down one setting and see how it sounds next time.I have it set on max in that video

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone up for a ride tomo?
Sorry false alarm got called up north.

Last edited:

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have thge latest firmware? Mine is at 1.1.53 (just curious).

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know next time someone is going for a fording trip, please and thank you.

Last edited:

bombdrop

Reaction score
Thinking i want to head over the pass tomorow morn and i need a riding partner..anyone in? looks like it should be a good day for it..

Top Bottom