Cant believe the quality of my warn winch from Yamaha 2007 grizzly.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
winch just screwed up again, in the garbage you go!
i dont feel like buying another warn,what other winches do you guys use(must be sealed!)

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a flyer from Princess Auto, next week they have Superwinches on sale. Not sure if they are sealed, but the prices where not bad.

mudhunter

Reaction score
I have one on my 06 Grizzly 660 and so far so good.... bought it 4-5 months ago and used the Yamaha mounting plate.... Best as I can tell its sealed fairly well no obvious signs of cheepness.. The only thing I want to do to it is put some locktite on the terminals. It has the 1/4 turn freewheel on it, and it came with snatch block and a receiver type hitch mount... The only problem was I had to weld the mount for the rollers to the Yamaha bracket as warns must have them mounted directly to the winch... Simple though...

Is is sping yet??? Winter ridings great but I am fond of getting muddy without breaking through the ice....

For 80 buck or so the Champion 2500# winch from Costco gets my vote.. And if it packs it in, not a major investment.... This winch had no problems, I dont get to use it all that much(hah) Probably 20 times or so..

Mudhunter

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personaly after doing this i will never EVER buy a warn winch again and if my new bike comes with one i want them to take it off and discount me the $.
my old mans honda has a viper i got him off E-bay for 120$ thats seen everything mines seen and never has it once seized on him.

Yup I agree 110%, I've had troubles with Warn on my 4x4 bush trucks, and quads as well! Picked up a $160 winch from Cosco for the quad and yet to have any probs with it...plus the waranty is unbeatable!!...just my opinion though!

..........Warn is over rated if ya ask me, and costly for the name only

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a flyer from Princess Auto, next week they have Superwinches on sale. Not sure if they are sealed, but the prices where not bad.

brew_doo has a superwinch on his quadbastard and it's an absolute POS.

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell SuperWinch and Champion look the same and I have both and for the price You can not beet them.:d

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got a the 2500 rt on my brute fully sealed got it after the old post warn toasted, the one that was not sealed, there was so much crap in it that a chunk of magnet broke off the housing wear the motor spins.... ....

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
Older ones were very poorly sealed, The new ones are sealed a hell of alot better. Iv'e dunked the demo winch many times and has never quit yet. I use it alot for plowing the yard so the winch does get a serious work out.

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Older ones were very poorly sealed, The new ones are sealed a hell of alot better. Iv'e dunked the demo winch many times and has never quit yet. I use it alot for plowing the yard so the winch does get a serious work out.

Plowing gives the winch a real workout no doubt. I plow my acreage driveway with my quad and the winch is the heart and soul of the job. I have a 2500 lb warn. I personally would'nt buy anything but. 7 years of use and all is good so far. Cable replaced a couple of times but that is expected and not a winch issue. Need to get the winch rope??

750 kawi

Reaction score
hey ya thats a good idea drill some drain/speed holes in it :d

last time i took mine apart i just pumped everything full of grease and said screw it

i am so sick of taking it apart and i know its full of crap again,but what the hell i will use it till she dies then that gives me an excuse to buy a new sealed one :cool:

hey does anyone know if those cheeeep champion ones from costco are sealed? might have to get one for a back up :lol2:

Hey Dean. my Dad is using the Champion one from costco on his 700 rghino and has had o problems. He even bought an extra one and put it in the hitch on the rear. 3 years on it and still going strong and he isnt an easy rider.

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when i was at the sports man show i picked up a new warn sealed 2500 winch,with cable
she works awesome!

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I hear, Warn has different qualities for different makes. For some brands which are willing to pay more, they get better winches that are actually sealed and well built. But other companies want cheaper ones, so maybe Yamaha is a cheap company?
I have one that was made for Kubota, and it has been great so far. Hasn't stalled out or anything yet.

Top Bottom