Canoe Mountain Lodge

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
Just got back from staying in Valemount. Stayed at the Canoe Mountain Lodge and wanted to say it was a great place to say. Very warm, clean, and friendly. TJ was extremely accommodating as the ladies didn't want to go up Sunday and he let us check out late. I was very impressed with the service and the price!

Sucks that we came home to a furnace that had been broken all weekend. The pipes were frozen, our ferrets water was frozen (they were very cold) and all my plants (I have around 30) were dead. It wasn't too fun. It's all fixed now though.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from staying in Valemount. Stayed at the Canoe Mountain Lodge and wanted to say it was a great place to say. Very warm, clean, and friendly. TJ was extremely accommodating as the ladies didn't want to go up Sunday and he let us check out late. I was very impressed with the service and the price!

Sucks that we came home to a furnace that had been broken all weekend. The pipes were frozen, our ferrets water was frozen (they were very cold) and all my plants (I have around 30) were dead. It wasn't too fun. It's all fixed now though.
That's bad luck. Cops usually value plants at $1000.00 a piece when they make a bust. will insurance pay that?:D:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been there a couple times and had good luck,the old guy isnt wandering around nitpicking every move you make.He was pretty funny,just annoying.Service was always good for us.
catmando!

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
I ended up being charged for a no show in January as they thought we booked for Jan instead of Feb. It got sorted out though and maybe that's why we got extra service and were allowed to check out at 2:00. Plus the hot tub said it closed at 9:00 but they allowed us to use it until 11:00. The restaurant they own across the road had excellent food too. The best lasagne I've ever had. They even gave us six free drinks when we checked in. I hope the next time we stay there is just as good.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
We ate there on our last trip to Valmont and were quite impressed with the food.

I ended up being charged for a no show in January as they thought we booked for Jan instead of Feb. It got sorted out though and maybe that's why we got extra service and were allowed to check out at 2:00. Plus the hot tub said it closed at 9:00 but they allowed us to use it until 11:00. The restaurant they own across the road had excellent food too. The best lasagne I've ever had. They even gave us six free drinks when we checked in. I hope the next time we stay there is just as good.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We booked there as friends said it was great, But on our arrival they lady said she had no reservation for us........ I was pissed, I phoned her three weeks previous. We ( 12 of us ) ended up staying at `The not so Permier Mountain lodge`The hot tub was empty, the resturant was closed as always, they had a catastrophic melt down there..... I guess for a lack of better words it was froze up.... the boiler pooped the bed! I have went back to the same hotel and have great service, But If all you want is a bed its great. 69.95 a night. If you tell them you want the trucker rate its 49.95 a night.........Just don`t carry your sled gear in the door.... I think Ali will clue in right away. I am going to start another thread as to what is your fav. hotel to stay at, In the different riding areas.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, it's a nice place but there dryer had a malfuntion and cooked my coat, and i had the setting on the lowest, my coat is completely ruined... i'm still waiting to here from the Canoe.....

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
yeah, it's a nice place but there dryer had a malfuntion and cooked my coat, and i had the setting on the lowest, my coat is completely ruined... i'm still waiting to here from the Canoe.....

I didn't even know there was a dryer. Probably a good thing I didn't use it. Our stuff was soaking wet so we put it by the hot water heating and turned up the heat. It sort of worked.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at the Canoe for several years. It is nice that they have the restaurant open, as the first trip of the yeat the Loose Moose was closed, and it offered another choice. Two thumbs up on the lasagna!!!:D They did have our reservation under our Caller ID name:nono:, not the name we gave them when we booked.

Drying room is at the end of the south hall, drying racks with fans, washer and dryer.

Top Bottom