Canadian Timbersled Buyers

duggyb

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just looking to get a little feedback on what everyone plans on doing this fall with their winter plans.

First things first I don't want this to turn into a technical Timbersled VS Yeti discussion on which one is a better kit or not END OF STORY.

We all know each unit has their pros and their cons, whether you value lightweight or more proven or the TSS system or parts are closer to you or whatever. This discussion is assuming you like both kits.

A group of friends and myself(4 total) have snowchecked 2016 TS kits with TSS because we all felt they were the best value for the money, etc etc.

Now with the dollar going the other way or price has flucuated well over $1300 from when we put deposits down. We have all seriously started wondering if its the best decision, currently a short track with TSS is running 6400 USD, we snow checked so we get free shipping, convert that and add on our 5% GST here locally and also usually a little bit at the bank on conversion lets say 2% we are up to a whopping CAD total of $8939 out the door give or take 300 dollars depending, this also could get worse by the time we all actually go pay for our units.

just to confirm for anyone who may not know a 129" Yeti with aluminum rails and the titanium hardware(only way offered this year) is $10,000 clear taxes paid out the door.

Now I definitely know we are talking a $1000 difference here. My main concern is the value in a year or 2 from now, eventually we will be buying next generation kits and we all expect to take a hit on things we use but if the dollar raises back up in the next 3 years which I assume it will at-least marginally then we are really sitting in hot water on our timber sled kits. with our YETI they are only losing the usual value and will continue to hold that value no matter the dollar.

Just looking for peoples opinions on what they plan on doing? any other Canadian buyers on here? even USA guys what would you do?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow-bike market is changing quickly with new players and development. Anyone that says they know what the resale will be in 2 or years is guessing. Tough call on what to do. I'd be prepared to walk away from 75% of your cash no matter which kit you go with.

I'd love to make the switch, but exchange and the changes to the market are keeping me away for a few more seasons.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score
Not a lot of guys can actually say they have ridden both brands. Myself and a few other pals have. The Canadian unit has a lot going for it. Im planning on riding one this season.
Good luck with your decision.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about making the switch as well but with the dollar being so bad and the Yeti kit being too expensive i have started considering buying a 14 or 15 model used and waiting a couple years for both further development and a dollar rebound. Right now the kits are just too high priced when you still have to put a bike in front of it and do the work necessary to make the bike work in the cold and be as reliable as a sled. Hoping that some competition will help with the cost.

I rode a couple last year and had to eat alot of crow since i was a big criticizer of the snow bike idea. Now after 20 years of sledding i am thinking about making that jump!

HILCLMR

Reaction score
I was at cycle works today, brand new 2015 Timbersled set up $5600 + $400 fit kit, FYI.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with Polaris acquiring timbersled... who knows what is going to happen to the snow bike market in 2-3years. if it was my decision, an extra $1000 is not that much more for a ton of added performance.

Top Bottom