Camper tie downs

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 8 foot camper,it's going on my f350 with the 6.5 foot box,I have no tie down system so I am wondering which way to go,belly bars or just box pocket clamps.Another question is I have a 6 inch lift so what are you using to not having the jack maxed out,just bricks or something custom made,any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, Thanks

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I built my own tie down system after seeing what they are charging for them. 400-$1000 for a couple piece of steel bent and welded???? No thanks. The rear I welded some tubing onto the back of the hitch. Into this slides square tubing which has chain through it. That gets a turnbuckle to the camper. After looking at the frame etc at the back of the cab I added a few links of chain to the after market boards/brackets. first a bolt then welded. It works well and when the camper is off things don't stand out. This was going to be a temp setup just to bring the camper home from California but has worked so well it is staying. I just mounted my camper again for next weekend. I had to put some blocks under it because I went to 35's since last summer.

johnnytrail

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totem welding in edmonton custom built some permanent weld on one's for me . Did a great job 400.00 if I remember correctly

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use 2x4 nailed and stacked like they use for modular homes when the camper is off so the jacks aren't maxed I know torq lift tied downs are pricey but worth every penny
and there quick guns are spring loaded for those rough roads

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i tied down by just using chains and turnbuckles in my in box hooks mind you it was an import camper but it worked well never feared it once, showed a dot it said it looked great its no different than a sled deck

Top Bottom