Camp rotation?

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a chance to get off the road and work a 7/7 rotation. Any one else work a similar rotation? Pros/cons?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might have a chance to get off the road and work a 7/7 rotation. Any one else work a similar rotation? Pros/cons?
I worked it once. Wasn't bad I guess. But I had to fly up north for it. If it was at my current workplace Id be all over it as I am home every night. I am not interested in working away from home anymore.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cons- away from family and friends for half the yr. Can't do anything when **** goes south at home (hot water tank bursts, kids get sick, car gets stuck etc). Will miss special events, holidays and birthdays. Everyone at home working while you have time off. Mid week quiet can be good and bad.
Pros. Only work 6 months of the yrs, generally making the same as a 5 and 2. Lots of time off to spend with family. Sometimes away time is nice. If you want to travel you have time without taking holidays

I've worked most all the shifts. Personally I like a 14 and 14. 7 and 7 would be ok if the travel was convenient. That doubles the amount of travel time. 14 7 is good money but way less time at home for time gone. Travel days are generally all on your time. Just my 2 cents

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Cons - lonely/boring mon-fri 8-5 waiting for others to get off work lol
Pros - you can actually schedule events on your 7 off and know when your 7 on is
- depending on the amount of holidays you get you could actually work less than 5 months a year

Top Bottom