C111 Fuel

XP154

Reaction score
Anybody know who would carry c111 in the Grande Prairie area, and who has the best premium fuel to mix it with? How much per barrel?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you get the race gas up there....but as far as premium for mixing, I always use Top Tier Gas.

You'll notice that Husky, Mohawk, and Fas Gas are not on that list. I always mix with 91 premium from Shell. I also use a busy Shell gas station along Hiway2 so that I am reasonably assured that a BMW or two has been through in the last year and hopefully the fuel is fresh.

Why not mix AV gas? Just asking. Lots of guys who need say 20% race gas can get away with 35-40% Av gas (LL100) and save quite a bit of $$$$.

XP154

Reaction score
Not sure where you get the race gas up there....but as far as premium for mixing, I always use Top Tier Gas.

You'll notice that Husky, Mohawk, and Fas Gas are not on that list. I always mix with 91 premium from Shell. I also use a busy Shell gas station along Hiway2 so that I am reasonably assured that a BMW or two has been through in the last year and hopefully the fuel is fresh.

Why not mix AV gas? Just asking. Lots of guys who need say 20% race gas can get away with 35-40% Av gas (LL100) and save quite a bit of $$$$.

Just following sled shop instructions, Still trying to get the 860 to act like one. Recommended 30-40 percent c111 with some decent premium. I blew the engine last spring, and got told it was bad fuel. I was running low on c111 and the convenice store at mackenzie... well who knows how old the fuel was there. So I will haul my own fuel from a place I can trust and give it one more try. Little off topic but how did you ever make out with your bigbore?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had it up to Revy last weekend and it seems much improved. I little more tweeking with the clutching and she should be good.

What's your compression ratio? That's a good expensive lot of C111 to be running. I have had several 14:1 motors over the years and get away with 25-30% AV gas in Revy and 50% AV gas at home.

XP154

Reaction score
14:1, I think if a guy was confident on the fuel we could run a lower percentage but I go ridding 3-1week trips a year and I would rather spend a little more on fuel if that is the difference between riding and getting choppered out. What did you do with your sled that it is running better, last spring if I recall it you were still not happy. Reason I am asking is mine isn't or wasn't performing very good at all either but I got a new engine in it and will throw in a dj clutch kit and head out after christmas to see if it is any better.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sent the engine to Big John at SHR....he ported it and we added an RKT head as well. Turns out the big bore had NO porting done to it the way I recieved it last year. Wonder why I chased my tail all season?

albertasummitx

Reaction score
Anybody know who would carry c111 in the Grande Prairie area, and who has the best premium fuel to mix it with? How much per barrel?

phone larry,he always has some and will sell it by the gallon,780-978-0263.he does atv,sled repairs to and has lots of stuff on the shelves.:beer:

summitxrs

Reaction score
I have a Boon Docker Nitrous System on my sled, Would straight LL100 (Avgas) or 50/50 of premium and C111 race fuel be better to run. My problem is I live in saskatchewan (1850 ft) and go to revy (4500ft) and i want my sled to be able to run in both places without blowing it up (again)

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Boon Docker Nitrous System on my sled, Would straight LL100 (Avgas) or 50/50 of premium and C111 race fuel be better to run. My problem is I live in saskatchewan (1850 ft) and go to revy (4500ft) and i want my sled to be able to run in both places without blowing it up (again)

You might not need more octane in Revy depending on what elevation you are going to be running the sled at when you hit the NOS. Bottom of Revy is 1500 ft so be careful leaving the parking lot, cabin at Boulder is about 5500-6000 ft so if you are only using NOS up top then you might not need much more octane than premium pump. You will definitely need it in Sask. PM Maxwell on here, he's pushed a lot of NOS through his sleds and can tell what shot size he is running at what elevation and what his blend of octane would be.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many gallons Av fuel would you have to mix in to replace 1 gallon of C111 per tank?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Octane Calculator - www.bazellracefuels.com

Here's an octane calculator, all you need to know is what the octane of the fuel you have to mix and what octane you want at the end and it give you the amount of each fuel to mix to get the desired octane. C111 is about 107 octane I think?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt even bother using nitrous in sask because there is no way you can have your sled setup to have the nitrous work in a mountain and flatland situation. from my findings nitrous is virtually useless unless your in a climbing situation. in a race i have used to to gain holeshot but really it does not work as well unless your machine is under extreme load. im sure some clutching changes can be made to make it usefull bombing accross a field but never tested that. LOL.

for fuel requirements i have ran up to a 20+hp shot on pump fuel at elevation and 30+ with 5L of c111. that being said i always tune it back to 20 when race fuel isnt available. i have seen some detonation signs with 30+hp shot on pump gas ( greedy friends dont understand motors )

do you have the adjustable regulator? if not get it.

on a side note my 2010 163 got outclimbed by my 2004 rev 800 151 with a 30 shot this weekend :(

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Octane Calculator - www.bazellracefuels.com

Here's an octane calculator, all you need to know is what the octane of the fuel you have to mix and what octane you want at the end and it give you the amount of each fuel to mix to get the desired octane. C111 is about 107 octane I think?

I dont know the desired octane. Not sure what 10 gallons premium and 1 gallon of c111 would mix out at?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont know the desired octane. Not sure what 10 gallons premium and 1 gallon of c111 would mix out at?

I just did the back calculation on it and 10 gallons of premium with 1 gallon of C111 - the resulting blend would be about 93 octane.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
race gas is definately expensive I have been getting my drums for just over $500 of c111 and go 50/50 mix on my 860 w/twins but it is well worth it to make sure that expensive motor you just did doesn't blow up on ya.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
race gas is definately expensive I have been getting my drums for just over $500 of c111 and go 50/50 mix on my 860 w/twins but it is well worth it to make sure that expensive motor you just did doesn't blow up on ya.

My problem is I don't go through a barrel a season. I bought a barrel last season and split it 3 ways and still did not burn it all up. So if I could buy AV fuel and mix it in as needed it would be way easier than farting around with the barrel tipper etc.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fair enough it is tough to justify if u don't use the whole barrel i usually go through 1 and a half a year so for that other half the year i got a half barrell just sitting there waiting till next snowflake to fall

My problem is I don't go through a barrel a season. I bought a barrel last season and split it 3 ways and still did not burn it all up. So if I could buy AV fuel and mix it in as needed it would be way easier than farting around with the barrel tipper etc.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Jordan can bring in any amount you want (5 gals, 30 gals, 45 gals, etc). For the race cars we used to just buy it in 5 gals because they are easier to transport and deal with at the race track (one 5 gal was good for one heat race). If you can get av gas just as easy then it might be easier to deal with for ya. Here in Cowtown there are lots of fuel dealers so stopping by to pick some up is easy. I'd burn more $$$ in fuel than I would be saving if I had to go get av gas from the opposite end of the city.

Top Bottom