Buying a New BBQ

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any updates from the OP? Hopefully napoleon will stepup and help. I think he has a propane orifice in the burners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Any updates from the OP? Hopefully napoleon will stepup and help. I think he has a propane orifice in the burners.

Not yet I sent them a email this morning to start a claim. I'm going to try and find what size orifice's are supposed to be on a natural gas grill in the manual and check them tomorrow

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Not yet I sent them a email this morning to start a claim. I'm going to try and find what size orifice's are supposed to be on a natural gas grill in the manual and check them tomorrow
I have low pressure charts that can tell you the btu you currently are running if you can find the orifice size.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
So just an update on my new grill issues Napoleon did send me a replacement manifold unfortunately it’s still cooking very uneven. Expressed my concern to Napoleon again (sent pictures and videos etc) they got back to me saying it looks like it’s preforming normal. I guess I’m stuck with this thing on a positive note the side burner and rotisserie burner work great.

Sucks to be bbq’n Shish Kabobs and have them burning on one end and basically raw on the other.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So just an update on my new grill issues Napoleon did send me a replacement manifold unfortunately it’s still cooking very uneven. Expressed my concern to Napoleon again (sent pictures and videos etc) they got back to me saying it looks like it’s preforming normal. I guess I’m stuck with this thing on a positive note the side burner and rotisserie burner work great.

Sucks to be bbq’n Shish Kabobs and have them burning on one end and basically raw on the other.
poor.. go shake up your salesman
Time to start drilling orifices. Look for a numbered drill index. You should be able to find a rating plate that says what orifice is in it currently. If you get me that info I can look at my charts and give you a suggestion what size to go to. I do industrial burners and boilers and instrumentation for the past 25 years so might be able to help make that BBQ rip a bit better.
this..

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If i was you i would look into changing the regulator up to a higher pressure 1, i am thinking this is the problem as with most grills nowadays and companys not using proper regulators to begin with. I found this out with my Pit boss and swapped regulators to a higher pressure 1 and worked good ever since. Take your regulator to Mutual propane and upsize it and see if that corrects the problem, i am guessing it will.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If i was you i would look into changing the regulator up to a higher pressure 1, i am thinking this is the problem as with most grills nowadays and companys not using proper regulators to begin with. I found this out with my Pit boss and swapped regulators to a higher pressure 1 and worked good ever since. Take your regulator to Mutual propane and upsize it and see if that corrects the problem, i am guessing it will.
I've also had it where the valve is open on the BBQ and the tank doesn't let full pressure out.

Turn off tank.
Turn off all valves
Disconnect tank
Wait a few minutes
Reconnect tank
Open tank
Open valve
Start BBQ

See if that makes any difference it seems these newer propane tanks have some sort of a safety in them

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also had it where the valve is open on the BBQ and the tank doesn't let full pressure out.

Turn off tank.
Turn off all valves
Disconnect tank
Wait a few minutes
Reconnect tank
Open tank
Open valve
Start BBQ

See if that makes any difference it seems these newer propane tanks have some sort of a safety in them
cookin with gas bro

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Turn off tank.
Turn off all valves
Disconnect tank
Wait a few minutes
Reconnect tank
Open tank
Open valve
Start BBQ

I found with my PB the opposite is how it is suppose to be done, Furthest control 1st then so on, then tank last as it resets some diaphragm in that regulator but still, i use a better regulator as my griddle needs that higher pressure and works better. On a side note:
Thinking also i want to invest in a small but convenient battery operated grill very new and not yet available in Canada, only US right now but not far off, as my friend has 1 in the US and it works pretty slick as well. Smoker/Grill and will last up to 15hrs on a single charge and you can plug it in and use it as well if you are close to shore power, pricey but i am seriously considering it in the very near future, 2024. :)

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
0b0b07b5364d1245f969f26c19bd3999.jpg

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just thought all bbq’s were like that and you just need to get to know the hot and cold spots.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
^^ I’m guessing that’s the way they are now the $500 bbq that I have at the cabin cooks like this but that‘s to be expected. Going back to my original concern our last mid to higher end bbq worked so well and was much more even. I totally get there will be some unevenness but this bbq seems to have a lot of “cooler” spots and wasted space. We bbq a lot and fill the grill up with full meals veggies, toast and a meat just disappointed compared to our last one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom