Buying a KQ 700/750

fitter12

Reaction score
Hello my name is Colin and i'm looking to buy a machine. I was looking at a new KQ 750axi and I seen this one at a local shop:
06' KQ 700 it has-EPI clutch springs-moose lift kit w/high lift HD springs
K/N filter-Bub Big Bore exhaust-27" swamplites(new) on itp ss212 wheels
55" moose blade-warn xt25 wintch w/syn.rope. Rear cargo box and front and rear bumpers.
The shop selling it installed the Wheel/tire combo and the blade along with the exhaust. They used it for the winter to plow there lot and said it has more then enough power and no issues with it all winter.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the 4500km is that alot of km for that year of atv? the price is half of what a new atv costs.
This will be my first atv of my own. Been riding for awhile but never owned my own.
Oh and the shop is a reputable shop just doing my research. Thanks!

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year is it? Sounds like a good quad but at 4500km, the price sounds high.
Just to give you an idea, I sold my 07 brute force 650I in 2009 and it had just under 1000km on it for $6500 with aftermarket wheels/tires, winch cargo box, snorkel kit front and rear bumpers, heated grips and skid plates.

Check kijiji for the same make and year as what your looking at, might help you figure out a good price, dealerships are out to make money no matter how good there service or reputation is.

QMAO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fitter12....Welcome to the site! If you are looking to buy a King Quad you will be joining many others that own King Quads. They are Great machines
you have a pm

Cranes10

Reaction score
I would say its definitely worth buying a king quad. I'm not sure if the price is the way to go but considering i have probably paid for my quads twice over with the work i keep doing. I'd only be worried about the engine, everything costs, but a dead engine cripples.

kingkris06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. You should defiantly take it for a test drive before you decided, the early year kq have very twitchy steering. can make for a unnerving ride (drive it over a curb a couple of times )

2. check for cracked frame, usually around the bottom of the motor or rear diff . also check A-arm bushing, dealer should have already check

3. 4500km ? it is alot of k but id say normal for a 6 year old unit . do you know what it was used for before the dealer got it ?

4. also hows the belt ? when was it replaced? make sure its a stk belt ive had dalton belts blow @ less than 50km

6. has the k&n been run since day 1? the stk filters were crap. but i would imagine that the dealer wouldn't sell a used unit without a compression test .

7. dose it have a fuel controller (PC3usualy)? not all exhausts needed one (dealer will probably say it wont need one) but because the dealer installed it, make sure you make it known that if you get a lean seize, its their responsibility . (it should be fine, they have been running it all winter anyway right , but you may as well be careful)

8. when i was running 27 swamp lights with the same lift kit, they would rub on the rear(foot rest braket) and rub bad on the lift kit at full turn on the front . the aftermarket wheels and stronger springs should have fixed this, but double check .

one other note. if you do buy it
higher miles + lift + big tires + heavy throttle = broken parts
im quite hard on mine and have had only 1 axle brake in 6000+km . and make sure to use low range.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the cost is to high for that year and mileage. Even if you go for a ride on it , if you have never owned one you wont know what to look for even with a list. If you plan on going through mud and water it should be snorkeled at lease the cvt, because muddy water gets in and can wear out the clutches and belt. What is the compression test 150lbs to 200lbs is really good. If you don't plan on doing any snow plowing have them take it off and reduce the price, but ask them what is the cost of the plow first so you know how much should come off the price. I ride maybe to hard as I have broken front diff, replaced 3 axles, a wet clutch and drum, replaced primary sheaves, replaced all rubber boots, It's not a cheap sport. Come on over I will sell you mine for that price, good luck and have fun.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy has the exact same 06KQ and it is a pig to steer compared to my 07 grizzly 700 with power steering.There is someting about the front end steering geometry on those older KQ that makes them steer strange other than that they are solid units as I know another with over 10000 Kms on his

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
King Quad 750 Demijohn caster mod on you tube, this is so easy of a fix it is ridicules so don't let that be a detour ant for buying the quad, I just think you would want to get it cheaper. Unless it comes with some warranty, on parts and labor that's all. Look forward to see you out on the trails, get the cvt snorkeled.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beach Corner-Just follow the tracks from the liquo
Personally, I'd stick with the 750. Dead battery syndrome and a few other little issues were taken care of. I've an 09 and it's solid and reliable. Put a steering damper on it and now is excellent in the trails. If your not abusing it too much or modding it the belts will last for many thousands of km's. I use mine for plowing in the winter and snow packs around the driveshafts and can push the air plus a bit of grease out of the cv boots. But just clean it after a deep ride and no problem. That thing truly is the King Couch.:beer:

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some pics of the couch

Attachments

• w2010 058.jpg
    w2010 058.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 146
  • w2010 076.jpg
    w2010 076.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 147
  • w2010 156.jpg
    w2010 156.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 153

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweat looking ride, that's right you don't need that front case on there. If you were to put a bungee cord across the top of the rack, that is where you would hook up your winch hook. The reasons is when you are stuck you won't have to dig through the mud to find the hook, easy access.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the cost is to high for that year and mileage. Even if you go for a ride on it , if you have never owned one you wont know what to look for even with a list. If you plan on going through mud and water it should be snorkeled at lease the cvt, because muddy water gets in and can wear out the clutches and belt. What is the compression test 150lbs to 200lbs is really good. If you don't plan on doing any snow plowing have them take it off and reduce the price, but ask them what is the cost of the plow first so you know how much should come off the price. I ride maybe to hard as I have broken front diff, replaced 3 axles, a wet clutch and drum, replaced primary sheaves, replaced all rubber boots, It's not a cheap sport. Come on over I will sell you mine for that price, good luck and have fun.

areyou sure about these #'s never seen 200lbs on a motor.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
brother inlaw just sold his 08 KQ 750 with 2" lift, SS rims & lugged tires, aftermarket exhaust, clutch kit and programmed with 519km for $6000, would have been a hell of a deal, I told him he should be able to get more but he wanted a quick sale.... and he got it, under 2 hours.

if it has a lift, keep a couple spare axles around, they like to go....

ksean

Reaction score
I have an 2007 KingQuad 700 and love it.
Just like any quad out there it has its pro's and con's.
Would I buy it again back in 2007....Yes!
Are there better more expensive and newer quads available now....Yes!
If the KingQuad you are looking at is in good shape and the dealer is prepared to provide you a short warranty and be a little bit more reasonable in the price then I say go for it.

meatbag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These were taken the last 2 months. It's a good powerful platform for a blade, I don't get stuck as much as the 2 other Grizzly riders in our group, even with the same tires. The 800 Renegade was always digging holes...Mine didn't, and I could just go through the stuff. The King Couch could go slow AND fast easily, not like the 800 which is either on or off.

Attachments

• DSCF0559.jpg
    DSCF0559.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 122

Joshgrizz660

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello my name is Colin and i'm looking to buy a machine. I was looking at a new KQ 750axi and I seen this one at a local shop:
06' KQ 700 it has-EPI clutch springs-moose lift kit w/high lift HD springs
K/N filter-Bub Big Bore exhaust-27" swamplites(new) on itp ss212 wheels
55" moose blade-warn xt25 wintch w/syn.rope. Rear cargo box and front and rear bumpers.
The shop selling it installed the Wheel/tire combo and the blade along with the exhaust. They used it for the winter to plow there lot and said it has more then enough power and no issues with it all winter.
The only thing I'm concerned about is the 4500km is that alot of km for that year of atv? the price is half of what a new atv costs.
This will be my first atv of my own. Been riding for awhile but never owned my own.
Oh and the shop is a reputable shop just doing my research. Thanks!

did u end up buying that quad? and was it from destination cycle?? ifso i know exactly what one you got, nice machine forsure!!!! let me know when you ride i live in airdrie aswell and always looking to head out, cheers:beer:

Top Bottom