Builder home prices

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do home builders generally deal on there asking price of a spec home or are they pretty firm on the pricing ?
found a decent 2story walk out basement on a huge corner lot but there asking price is a bit more than I would want to spend .

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do home builders generally deal on there asking price of a spec home or are they pretty firm on the pricing ?
found a decent 2story walk out basement on a huge corner lot but there asking price is a bit more than I would want to spend .

I have found they dont move at all.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make an offer. If you give them a serious offer, who knows, depends whats going on in their life at the time you make the offer.

Buying season is winding down. Its getting cold, I personally dont like homes siting during the winter cause heating them sucks, but it is a small cost in the overall picture. Housing market in Canada has gone downhill fast, with a few exceptions.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A decently priced house in Alberta is kind of an oxymoron isn't it?
A 1950's crack house in Lloyd is 250K. Sorry I don't mean to derail your thread,
I just think the bubble has to burst soon.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A decently priced house in Alberta is kind of an oxymoron isn't it?
A 1950's crack house in Lloyd is 250K. Sorry I don't mean to derail your thread,
I just think the bubble has to burst soon.
I think you're optimistic, at least in AB you can make a very good living. In BC there are many markets that are very inflated and not even many good jobs to support it. Kamloops comes to mind, one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country but they're all minimum wage service industry jobs and a decent house starts at $350k. Hey it's sunny though.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Kinda figured that they probably would not deal a whole bunch just wasnt sure if it was like buying a new truck or not
the prices here are pretty high i think if i was to move it would be better off to move to a 5-10 year old place with a nice garage
or room for a second garage and a big lot that is already landscaped i like the idea of new but i dont want to be house poor either
as the house we have now is ok ( a little small ) and is almost payed for though

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the builder have it listed with a realtor.
If it's listed with a realtor make a reasonable offer.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What you really need is a well maintained house in an established neighborhood in Penhold with a HUGE garage....

hint, hint....LOL

REALTOR.ca -Property Details CA0022786

That is awesome. I hate living in Edmonton..... I paid so much for my house and it doesnt have near the room as that and the garage isnt even close to that size.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What you really need is a well maintained house in an established neighborhood in Penhold with a HUGE garage and in a no exit close...

hint, hint....LOL

REALTOR.ca -Property Details CA0022786

Or in Sylvan Lake ;) ;) we built this one in 04 and BIG. 5 bdrms 3 full bthrms. Huge yard, double attached garage. :D

Lol sorry bigD

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok well a house here in saskatoon was a 2 story, triple garage, very plain, next to no lighting other than some cheapo construction grades and pot lights, tile, hard wood and whole upper level was carpet, no finished basement, no driveway no landscaping. Think they wanted $560,000

We gave an offer $540,000 with driveway, garage heater, 12,000 appliance package, installed and maybe something else as per my realitor.

They came back and said no. And no way on driveway cause they crack easy or get salted hard and get complaints and it falls under new home warrenty.

We said f*ck off and they phoned my realitor a week later and said $540,000, $8000 appliance package, no install, no heater no driveway. We said no again cause it wasnt exactly what we (my wife) wants.
We have a plan and design we like and are looking into building it but this one was sooo close to what we want to build other than a couple things.

So i guess if stuffs selling, No moving. Your realitor can see how many houses that builders sitting on and how long so you can take a chance. This house was sitting 120 days and is still sitting there 2 months later. Saskatoon seems like nothings moved since spring. Most houses on my street sell in less than a month and theres two that have been for sale since spring.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow I cant believe that you don't get a driveway in saskatoon every new house I have seen here has a driveway provided
buddy of mine wanted his garage 2 ft wider so the builder had 2 move the house back farther on the corner lot the builder didn't realize it at the time Ibut ended up footing the bill for a 50 ft long 2 car driveway they were pissed

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a sweet house and awesome garage if was in blackfalds i would be all over it
wife wont move to penhold

Top Bottom