Brute force Belt light

Gymcee

Reaction score
Hi,I drive a 2008 Kawi 750i Brute force.It starts to bog and backfire whenever I accelerate.The belt light is flashing and I tried to reset it like the manual says but there is only one 4-pin connector under the seat and the book says there are two you have to switch.Does anyone have a tip for me here?I have an appointment to get it looked at but in this town it's 500 bucks just to drive it in the door.Thanks,Jimmy

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the the fuel tank cover off for better access the first time. The two plugs are located near (kinda behind) the shifter. Once you have found the plugs once you likely will not need to remove the fuel tank cover the next time.

Hi,I drive a 2008 Kawi 750i Brute force.It starts to bog and backfire whenever I accelerate.The belt light is flashing and I tried to reset it like the manual says but there is only one 4-pin connector under the seat and the book says there are two you have to switch.Does anyone have a tip for me here?I have an appointment to get it looked at but in this town it's 500 bucks just to drive it in the door.Thanks,Jimmy

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u also might have to pull the belt cover off to move the belt switch back.... its on top of the cover..... and of coarse its on the inside....

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's an inspection light. check your belt deflection, don't just reset the inspection light, I've worked on brute forces for years and I've seen belts explode primaries and secondaries from them wearing out too much. spec is 22mm-27mm of deflection from a flat bar.

Top Bottom