Brute force belt light

Gymcee

Reaction score
Hi,I drive a 2008 Kawi 750i Brute force.It starts to bog and backfire whenever I accelerate.The belt light is flashing and I tried to reset it like the manual says but there is only one 4-pin connector under the seat and the book says there are two you have to switch.Does anyone have a tip for me here?I have an appointment to get it looked at but in this town it's 500 bucks just to drive it in the door.Thanks,Jimmy

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 connectors could be down under the plastic just above the belt cover. sorta under neith the shifter knob. There should be a black set and a grey set unhook them and reverse them (black to grey) and follow the reset procedure. They said mine were under the seat as well but they were'nt. hope this helps

rancher

Reaction score
Hi,I drive a 2008 Kawi 750i Brute force.It starts to bog and backfire whenever I accelerate.The belt light is flashing and I tried to reset it like the manual says but there is only one 4-pin connector under the seat and the book says there are two you have to switch.Does anyone have a tip for me here?I have an appointment to get it looked at but in this town it's 500 bucks just to drive it in the door.Thanks,Jimmy

on a 08 they should be under seat just in front of where ur tool pouch should be. one black one and a grey one that is just a dummy connector where do u live

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2 connectors could be down under the plastic just above the belt cover. sorta under neith the shifter knob. There should be a black set and a grey set unhook them and reverse them (black to grey) and follow the reset procedure. They said mine were under the seat as well but they were'nt. hope this helps

Ya on the kvf 700 they are in the location your talking about but on the brutes they're under the seat... Either way there is a black and grey one etc..

750 kawi

Reaction score
If it doesnt reset with the procedure that Kawi gives you, it could be because the switch inside your belt housing has been switched. Take off you belt housing and on the top of it inside there is a little toggle switch that could be tripped. If your belt is shot, this switch will keep tripping. Happened to me on the Violet Grove rally last year. I evemtually just cut the wires going to the switch and connected them together to get me through the rest of the rally. Not a good idea! by the time i made it back to the staging area i had wore a hole right through my housing cover on the bottom. Plus the belt completely gave out on me just 1 mile from the staging area.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it doesnt reset with the procedure that Kawi gives you, it could be because the switch inside your belt housing has been switched. Take off you belt housing and on the top of it inside there is a little toggle switch that could be tripped. If your belt is shot, this switch will keep tripping. Happened to me on the Violet Grove rally last year. I evemtually just cut the wires going to the switch and connected them together to get me through the rest of the rally. Not a good idea! by the time i made it back to the staging area i had wore a hole right through my housing cover on the bottom. Plus the belt completely gave out on me just 1 mile from the staging area.

lol did absolutely nobody have an extra belt that would work???:nono::confused:

Top Bottom