Brule lake????

yamaman

Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Brule lake dunes and trails? I was thinking of going down there this summer so I was hopping to get some maps and ideas for camping areas I would appreciate any help I could get:confused:

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to the Brule lake dunes and trails? I was thinking of going down there this summer so I was hopping to get some maps and ideas for camping areas I would appreciate any help I could get:confused:
camp at the end of the purple line off the highway

Attachments

• Brule Lake.jpg
    Brule Lake.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 730

whopper809

Reaction score
Also be prepared if you go all the way in to the staging area to possibly abuse the hell out of your equipment like a holiday trailor or motorhome, Once you make the turn off the main road that passes by the provincal campground, all there is to say from this point is "unmaintained road". Years ago the road way good all the way in but of course the county cut back on maintenance, and we wonder why the tree huggers hate atv areas, would help if the road wasn't like a seen from a war movie. It is a wise idea to head up first time with only truck or truck with quad trailor to check out the area so you know what to expect, there are lots of places to setup camp for the weekend without having to deal with going far down the unmaintained section of road, but of course your far from the dunes, but if your trail riding ute's then the trails are all over the area even on the south side of HYW16, so camping location isn't to important. We go many times a year and deal with it because we enjoy the area so much, but I know people that you couldn't pay them to come any closer to the area then just past the main road that passes by the provincal campground (which by the way we can't stay at and ride in and out). Definatly go check out the area atleast once you won't find anything else like it in Alberta.

Attachments

• cv.jpg
    cv.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 677
  • aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,902
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 655
  • bv.jpg
    bv.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 635

whopper809

Reaction score
anything for utility quads out there? looks like it is all sand.

Yes there are plenty of trails in the area for the 4x4's and in you go back to hyw 16 and cross directly across going south there is a ton of trails on that side as well. If mud is your game I know there is plenty in some of the trails. There is even trails just behind the dunes that are pretty fun to explore. Just make sure your reg and insurance is in order because the patrol the area pretty good on the weekend for that.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you looking for 4X4ing I recommend cadomin for some fun, ruby falls is a blast, I love that trail and there is lots of camping there too, brule is fun on a 4x4 and I recommend it as well lots of hills to climb, but I prefer my raptor there. And make sure you do lik whopper says about the insurance and reg, plus make sure you have a spark arrestor on your pipe they check that as well.

Kevin

Reaction score

4x4s are no problem. I've been to Brule many times and we only ride 4x4s. If you want have a good weekend trip you will have a blast. We always enjoy showing the sport riders how to climb. But you will have to try it some time. Whopper809 is right it's rough going in, I've seen a few trailers break in half. If you have a 4x4 and a deck over style trailer you'll be fine, just can't go over 5 ml/hr. Next time I'm planning a trip in there I'll drop you a line. Clean your air filter before and after, pretty dusty in there. We go a two or three times a year and well worth the trip.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering is it worth the effort to put the paddle on the bike for a day

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
So when can someone ride there in the spring? Wouldn't mind driving up from revy this spring to tear ass around on the shee...as i wont be riding the quad anytime soon with all this damn snow we have going on...HAHAHA to bad for me eh!!!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can ride all year long. The hinton area don`t get alot of snow. When we came back for McBride last week there was only a few inches of snow on the ground in hinton. The west side camping spots are closed so you would have to go in through kinky lake/ horseshoe lake road.

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
You can ride all year long. The hinton area don`t get alot of snow. When we came back for McBride last week there was only a few inches of snow on the ground in hinton. The west side camping spots are closed so you would have to go in through kinky lake/ horseshoe lake road.

And where abouts is these roads:confused:

When is the best time to go ?

ftguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay posted . We are actually headed to Brule / Hinton area for a couple of days of quadding March 2, 3 and 4. May be able to get some in on the 27 and 29 also. Will post conditions and hopefully pics when I return.

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
Stay posted . We are actually headed to Brule / Hinton area for a couple of days of quadding March 2, 3 and 4. May be able to get some in on the 27 and 29 also. Will post conditions and hopefully pics when I return.

We should meet up sometime this summer and ride up there some place.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And where abouts is these roads:confused:

When is the best time to go ?
The best time to go well it depends I prefer july, august but I'll go as soon as it warm enough, actually with this warm weather this past week i was thinking about it alot, had the raptor out yesterday for a short blast. If you do decide to go there make sure you have you insurance and regy along with a spark arrestor on you pipe, sometimes the warden is there handing out tickets.

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
If you do decide to go there make sure you have you insurance and regy along with a spark arrestor on you pipe, sometimes the warden is there handing out tickets.

That kinda sucks i forgot about all that BS. Here in BC we don't have to deal with any stuff like that!

Proly still try it out this summer anyway, mabey see ya out there!

DJNBig

Reaction score
We used to go alot. The past couple years it's gotten extremely popular espc on the long weekends. It's almost dangerous at times so many people. If you hit it early/late in the season or on a regular weekend/weekday it's perfect. I'd stay away from long weekends honestly. May long espc.

It's a great place to ride. i'll be taking my 700cc 2stroke w/ paddle there asap.

It's probably pretty clear right now, i was working in jasper 3 weeks ago and theres hardly any snow in the region.

DJN

SAVAGE420

Reaction score
Website
www.bansheehq.com
We used to go alot. The past couple years it's gotten extremely popular espc on the long weekends. It's almost dangerous at times so many people. If you hit it early/late in the season or on a regular weekend/weekday it's perfect. I'd stay away from long weekends honestly. May long espc.

It's a great place to ride. i'll be taking my 700cc 2stroke w/ paddle there asap.

It's probably pretty clear right now, i was working in jasper 3 weeks ago and theres hardly any snow in the region.

DJN

So whats this 700 your bringing...and whats it in ?:)

Top Bottom