Brule July 15 to 18

looneyrod27

Reaction score
It had better be good weather...Been working pretty much steady since May long weekend just so I could guarantee the time off for this trip. Me and the kfx ripper will be there rain or shine, Big trailer equals lots of beer drinking :d:d

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anybody go to Brule this weekend?? The rivers are all flooding around here. Including the Athabasca River which makes up Brule lake. So I wonder how high the water is? I bet it's up the hill a bit on drag hill, and we wont be able to drag there. I went to the smoky river last night and it hasn't been that high since the flooding in 87. Let's see some sunshine for the rest of summer!

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there July 1,2 and the beach was being encroached by water. that small skinny section of trail on the beach right before drag hill that generally curves around and opens up to that area, was being washed out and you had to hit the water to get by. Threr was a few puddles at drag, but still lots of space to line up.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there July 1,2 and the beach was being encroached by water. that small skinny section of trail on the beach right before drag hill that generally curves around and opens up to that area, was being washed out and you had to hit the water to get by. Threr was a few puddles at drag, but still lots of space to line up.

Yuck

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there a bypass in the trees there? i could not find it. Long range says weather gonna be good.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is drag hill all $&@; up now? What about down pass drag hill? How much water do you have go around?

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That roundabout curved section was quad wide, but from the water it was sluffing in. so you had to bypass those sections by entering the lake. Im only talking a a quad width off trail and 6 inches deep. the puddles on the beach at drag hill are more likely from rain.
Hopefully someone will have a newer update.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That roundabout curved section was quad wide, but from the water it was sluffing in. so you had to bypass those sections by entering the lake. Im only talking a a quad width off trail and 6 inches deep. the puddles on the beach at drag hill are more likely from rain.
Hopefully someone will have a newer update.

It will be alot deeper now. I won't ride mine threw there. We will have to find a trail around or Maby camp be hind The Overlander lodge. That way we are on the good side of the dunes.!? Just a thought. Or a chain saw and some 4x4s to clear our own trail.

Med1ogre

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or a chain saw and some 4x4s to clear our own trail.
I think that would be the best bet, there is a bypass started... just terminates though. And that spot needs a bypass.

Quick edit, bud with a 4x4 quad might be coming down. just need a saw.

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Is the fire ban still on the go down there? If not ill throw the vp111 powered stihl into the trailer and we can knock down some of those trees and start a fire. Maybe even throw a shovel aboard and see if we can get the water situation at drag hill straightened out.

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well one of the guys coming with me is bringing a KFX he just bought used. he doesnt have paddels for it yet does any body have paddels on rims that will fit his bike he might be able to borrow?

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well one of the guys coming with me is bringing a KFX he just bought used. he doesnt have paddels for it yet does any body have paddels on rims that will fit his bike he might be able to borrow?

I got dunes but not on rims.... I'll bring them... Just have to get him pot on there if no buddy got some on rims!!!

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring the saw there is no fire ban anymore just flooding

So your levin on Friday why not Thursday?? That's when we are levin, get all day friday to ride!!! plus think of it this way... if you don't come Thursday you may not get to race me???? I mite have her all &@$( up by then lol. So you got to come Thursday

psullivan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your levin on Friday why not Thursday?? That's when we are levin, get all day friday to ride!!! plus think of it this way... if you don't come Thursday you may not get to race me???? I mite have her all &@$( up by then lol. So you got to come Thursday

Can't I have to work and my buddy does too. The way I see it is on Friday you can find a way to drag hill, that way when I get there all the thinking and working will be done. Lol. Also if I come Friday I might be the fastes quad there cause your will be in your trailer again. Lol. I better quit bugging you cause I have been known to break down lot too. C u In a couple days, can't wait to get my drink on.

KFX Drm Ripper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you fellas staging/ setting up camp?
You been there before so when you get off the highway go pass the first left then keep going take the next left then your next left go right to the end before the grass feld we will be right there... I have a gray Toyota tundra and a gray trailer

Top Bottom