Broke in Revy- need help

dda140

Reaction score
On the trail now. Preparing to tow down, sled died out of the blue. '09 xp summit. No spark, no headlights, no warning of shut down. Thinking voltage reg or stator/magneto. Thoughts? What can I check?

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kill switch...make shure it didn't get clogged with snow and frezze up..check for lose or broken wireing

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Bypass the ignition and kill switch get a spare pice of wire and stick in between the terminals.(or disconnect the wires depending on open/closed circuit).

Check you connections to and from the magneto, as well as the ECU. Hopefully it is something simple for you. Glad it was on the trail and not down somewhere sticky.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On the trail now. Preparing to tow down, sled died out of the blue. '09 xp summit. No spark, no headlights, no warning of shut down. Thinking voltage reg or stator/magneto. Thoughts? What can I check?

My 09 did the same thing and it turned out to be a wire that had shorted out on the frame underneath the engine......... I think many of the 08 xp's had the same issue

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wire to voltage regulator shorts out to frame, it had happened to a few guys back then I had rode with

97summit

Reaction score
X2 on the coil wire. My 09 did the same thing Wire will break just inside the connector, but the outer coating will still be crimped on.

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ended up being the problem? I have an 09 Summit and am curious. Thanks

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned above either primary coil wire or the red wire from voltage regulator shorted to the chassis. Most likely the voltage regulator wire. Just use a screwdriver and you can pry the wire away from the chassis and pull it over and see if yiu have spark. If it is then you can fix it properly when you get time

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When mine did this it was because the plug from the stator came out of the voltage regulator. If you have a running sled in the group hit the kill switch and see if when you pull it the headlight still light up. If they do and your's dont you know its a problem with the stator or voltage regulator.

Top Bottom