Boots

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a couple days I am off to a wilderness course near hinton worth 3 credits and is 5 days long. Were gonna be doing some feild work and that requires going through mud and wet areas. I'm bringing flip flops for around camp and I'm debating on whether to bring rubber boots or hiking boots. On one hand the rubber boots are easy to slip on and off but uncomfortable to walk in. And on the other the hiking boots are a beetch to lace up and put on and take off.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you have a good quality hiking boot your feet will stay dry and be way more comfortable. also I was just out at a couple campgrounds yesterday checking the ice conditions on the lakes and its pretty darn mucky out there still. theres still lots of runoff happening and the frost is coming out keeping everything wet. id go with a good hiking boot. you might not get to wear your flipflops at all.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So in a couple days I am off to a wilderness course near hinton worth 3 credits and is 5 days long. Were gonna be doing some feild work and that requires going through mud and wet areas. I'm bringing flip flops for around camp and I'm debating on whether to bring rubber boots or hiking boots. On one hand the rubber boots are easy to slip on and off but uncomfortable to walk in. And on the other the hiking boots are a beetch to lace up and put on and take off.

I'd get a good pair of hiking boots, you probably wont be taking them off during the day anyway. And lots of Non cotton socks......... can never have too many dry socks. Use the rubber boots for around camp

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'd get a good pair of hiking boots, you probably wont be taking them off during the day anyway. And lots of Non cotton socks......... can never have too many dry socks. Use the rubber boots for around camp

X2....the only change I would suggest is a rubber moccasin (very low-cut rubber boot) for around camp!

Enjoy the days and have fun:d:d:d

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neo's, just spent 3 weeks running around in the mud with them and feet never got we once. Best part is you can slip them over any boot or shoe you want

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rubbers suck. Uncomfortable for long periods of time. Uncomfortable period.

Top Bottom