boosted nytro motor build help

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k got the motor out of my nytro and preparing for boost what pistons and rods do u guys think would be best and any outher mods while im in there it has a shim now but thinking of ditching the shim and building the motor the right way this is my first boosted sled going to start the teardown tomarrow where is a good spot to order parts near calgary

looneyrod27

Reaction score
give Dave a call at powderlites in sicamous BC. We prolly has the parts you need sitting on the shelf. Carillio rods for sure and I think I would use JE pistons 9.5:1 comp ratio. Give Dave a call he will tell you more.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
give Dave a call at powderlites in sicamous BC. We prolly has the parts you need sitting on the shelf. Carillio rods for sure and I think I would use JE pistons 9.5:1 comp ratio. Give Dave a call he will tell you more.
Many engine builders have stopped using JE because of failures. The Wisecos work great.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
k this is what i got going on so far got a 09 nytro with impulse turbo with boost-it van amburg 162 tunnle, e-z ride 162 skid,bark buster a-arms,fox fx in front and floats in rear impulse seat ,carillo rods and wisco pistons 10-1 ,10"simmons skies this is my first boosted sled and cant weight to try it out so my question is now what should i do next or just get it finished and try it

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rid yourself of fox floats in the skid. IMO

looneyrod27

Reaction score
Many engine builders have stopped using JE because of failures. The Wisecos work great.

Good to know. I have always been a fan of wiseco myself, just seems most of the kits I have put together JE was the option. I made a mistake in the message about powderlites having parts. I said we will have parts, should have been he will have parts. I live in Alberta not Sicamous BC unfortunatley

Powderlites

Reaction score
We keep rods in stock and we like to use stock pistons with oring Head spacer and ARP studs.
I have been building motorcycle engines since 1976 and done big bores and cam timing etc. so if you like us to build your Nytro engine give us a call.
We can gas port your stock pistons.
Checkout new website.
Powderlites
250-836-4422

Attachments

• IMGP0904.jpg
    IMGP0904.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 221

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know. I have always been a fan of wiseco myself, just seems most of the kits I have put together JE was the option. I made a mistake in the message about powderlites having parts. I said we will have parts, should have been he will have parts. I live in Alberta not Sicamous BC unfortunatley

I second that as I went thru 2 motors with JE and went with Wiseco on third... And never been an issue.

Top Bottom