Bike rack for sled deck?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone made a bike attachment for the superclamps hooks mounted on my deck. I looked at the website and found nothing. I'm finding securing 2 full suspension bicycles on my deck, a pain in the butt. Figured it would be neat to have something that was a quick install and secured the bikes while towing my travel trailer. Yes I could get a carrier for my trailer, but would rather use my deck, because it will have either a quad, or the bikes on it while towing my trailer anyway.

Cameo

Reaction score
I just tie the bike down using quick straps to my home built deck, just like you would a dirt bike. one strap from the back of the deck to the seat or rear end of the bike (insert technical term here) to keep the back tire from hopping around.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a fork mount setup. The fork quick clamps are available from a rack dealer (I think Thule makes them). I just bolted them to a 2x4 and bolted the 2x4 to the deck. Maybe you don'e want to take the front wheel off? You should be able to bolt down one of the tray type roof racks?

GRD

Reaction score
Anyone have updates on this? Would like to put two full suspension mountain bikes on the deck with some sort of tire mount/tray. I have a limitless deck, trying to determine how to incorporate the d-rings used for the superclamps.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
These may be a little bit overkill but they throw in with the deck. They are made by Condor Canada https://www.amazon.ca/condor-motorcycle-wheel-chock/s?k=condor+motorcycle+wheel+chock

These are a little pricey but but sure work well with the fat tires. The first picture is the only close up I have but they are sweet.

IMG_8635.jpeg
IMG_8511.jpeg

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These may be a little bit overkill but they throw in with the deck. They are made by Condor Canada https://www.amazon.ca/condor-motorcycle-wheel-chock/s?k=condor+motorcycle+wheel+chock

These are a little pricey but but sure work well with the fat tires. The first picture is the only close up I have but they are sweet.

View attachment 283058
View attachment 283059
Can’t tell from the pics if your back tires have a strap through them. I now run Rear wheel straps through the rim, holding it down to the deck. Last year with my Ebike on the deck the truck bounced hard on the highway making the back tire come off the ground. That loosened the strap and one side came undone.. It fell off driver side of the truck and destroyed the box side and both doors of my 2022 black super duty. It was still hanging from one strap and swinging down my truck.
I still get choked up when I talk about it lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Can’t tell from the pics if your back tires have a strap through them. I now run Rear wheel straps through the rim, holding it down to the deck. Last year with my Ebike on the deck the truck bounced hard on the highway making the back tire come off the ground. That loosened the strap and one side came undone.. It fell off driver side of the truck and destroyed the box side and both doors of my 2022 black super duty. It was still hanging from one strap and swinging down my truck.
I still get choked up when I talk about it lol
That’s a bummer. I drive on BC roads and maybe they are smoother, hahaha
I haven’t had a problem but they do move. I drive quite slow up the logging roads and keep my eye on things back there.
To be pro-active, it would be worthwhile to look into some kind of tie down.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s a bummer. I drive on BC roads and maybe they are smoother, hahaha
I haven’t had a problem but they do move. I drive quite slow up the logging roads and keep my eye on things back there.
To be pro-active, it would be worthwhile to look into some kind of tie down.
I was in BC. Going down that logging access road to Little Hells gate. Truck front tire dropped in a small hole on one side, causing the truck to rock and bounce.. I couldn’t see the hole while facing downhill. Bikes stood on end one strap came off. Now I just gently put a tie down through both back tires between the spokes to stop it from doing an Endo. My bikes lasted a few years up there with no problems just snug down the front. Of course the day I’m in my brand new king it happened.

Reactions: GRD

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant see why a person can fab up some kind of wheel locks that would work for a sled deck or truck box...

Strap the handle down too prevent the bike (s) from flopping around

You can find lots of different hidden or flush mount tie-down mounts too add to yours deck if you want...

Princes Auto has an assortment of different anchor point mounts too choose from...

Don

Top Bottom