Best tire prices?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting between 37-40" mud tires with 20" rims, what are some good tires and anyone know where the cheapest place for tires and rims are?

Sent from a iPhone

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the dealerships actually have pretty good deals on tires, SOME that is, dad saved I think It was $30 per tire by buying from a Chevy dealership vs. OKTIRE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I'm looking at getting between 37-40" mud tires with 20" rims, what are some good tires and anyone know where the cheapest place for tires and rims are?

Sent from a iPhone

Why??

Ive never got to ask someone why they would want to run a 40" tire on a 20" rim BEFORE they did it...I always see it AFTER they have done it...quite curious, and whats it going on?

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause it will look a lot better than the 35"s and 18" on my truck now ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350613345.923270.jpg

Sent from a iPhone

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Cause it will look a lot better than the 35"s and 18" on my truck now View attachment 138589

Sent from a iPhone

Holy Lift man!!

Ok, ya you can likely get away with 37's im not a fan of 40's but hey, to each their own.

Anyway to your question...I know its a long way away, but we have a local shop here that I have never been able to beat his prices on either wheels or tires. Tried to beat his prices in both Canada and the US and he has always been better. Give him a call if ya like, but let me give you a warning...Know what ya want, before you call. The boss runs the whole shop FROM the shop...takes hundreds of calls a day and directs all the traffic and workers on the floor while doing it. There is anywhere from 20 - 40 trucks there at a time, and it gives a whole new definition to BUSY!!!

Its not the kind of shop you call and say 'hey Im interested in some 20's, whatcha got lol'. Tell them what tire you want and what wheel, and they will price for ya. I run black 17" wheels on my trucks and they run about 140 bux. Toyo Mt's are his big seller but he has Mickeys and other brands too.

Guys name is Craig
Kirks Tire-Redcliff
403-548-3941

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running 37 on f350 with 6 inch lift. They are bf's they were good but 2 yrs old

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Lift man!!

Ok, ya you can likely get away with 37's im not a fan of 40's but hey, to each their own.

Anyway to your question...I know its a long way away, but we have a local shop here that I have never been able to beat his prices on either wheels or tires. Tried to beat his prices in both Canada and the US and he has always been better. Give him a call if ya like, but let me give you a warning...Know what ya want, before you call. The boss runs the whole shop FROM the shop...takes hundreds of calls a day and directs all the traffic and workers on the floor while doing it. There is anywhere from 20 - 40 trucks there at a time, and it gives a whole new definition to BUSY!!!

Its not the kind of shop you call and say 'hey Im interested in some 20's, whatcha got lol'. Tell them what tire you want and what wheel, and they will price for ya. I run black 17" wheels on my trucks and they run about 140 bux. Toyo Mt's are his big seller but he has Mickeys and other brands too.

Guys name is Craig
Kirks Tire-Redcliff
403-548-3941

Thanks for the info, but yeah that is pretty far for me lol

Sent from a iPhone

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Thanks for the info, but yeah that is pretty far for me lol

Sent from a iPhone

They will ship them, mounted and balanced...When we pipeline out of town we sometimes have had to do this...I didnt actually mean for you to come down here, I agree that wouldnt make a lot of sense lol

Just an option...or at least a way to get some prices to shop local...

van isle

Reaction score
Rapid Revolutions In the West end of Edm will be hard to beat for pricing. 780 455 7553 149st and 112 ave

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy Lift man!!

Guys name is Craig
Kirks Tire-Redcliff
403-548-3941

When you go into there it is a mass of confusion. But he never forgets a call and treats everybody with respect. That shop should be called Organized Confusion. He knows what's happening where/ when all the time. Great prices also.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are guys on here always willing to help, ch!t I brought a guys sled back from blue river in bc and then next day brought it to westlock for warranty work and he couldn't get away. What goes around comes around. The sled show is coming up, just saying........Thats good I will call him looking for 35 for new truck.......

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been using trucks plus auto on 75th st and 77 for the last while they also have a shop on 97st and 130ave best prices i have found, was using rapid before, kevin is great, i have bought a pile of stuff from him over the years.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what you do with your truck? I mean is it a weekend warrior thing or a daily driver that will never really see mud? I don’t mean to sound like an ass it just that I have be running lifted trucks in the patch for years and I have tried out allot of different mud tires from 35-41.50 on my daily drivers and I average 80k+ per year. Knowing what you’re going to be using this truck for will insure I give you the best advice for tires, IMO of course and who to deal with.

Last edited:

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what you do with your truck? I mean is it a weekend warrior thing or a daily driver the will never really see mud? I don’t mean to sound like an ass it just that I have be running lifted trucks in the patch for years and I have tried out allot of different mud tires from 35-41.50 on my daily drivers and I average 80k+ per year. Knowing what you’re going to be using this truck for will insure I give you the best advice for tires, IMO of course and who to deal with.

i agree, that is why i try to stick with a common size for my trucks, tires just dont last with a diesel pulling larger trailers. i have been buying all my tires at schwabs in leduc for the last couple years. this year i gave some of the tire shops a chance and called around, duratracs are about $250-$300 a set cheaper, all in

im not sure on rims, but i have found that buying rims out of the states can be a good way to save money, you just have duty charges

also if you do see a lot of off road and rough conditions you will want the smaller rim with more rubber to absorb the rough terain

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can I ask what you do with your truck? I mean is it a weekend warrior thing or a daily driver that will never really see mud? I don’t mean to sound like an ass it just that I have be running lifted trucks in the patch for years and I have tried out allot of different mud tires from 35-41.50 on my daily drivers and I average 80k+ per year. Knowing what you’re going to be using this truck for will insure I give you the best advice for tires, IMO of course and who to deal with.

Daily driver but it will see mud here and there

Sent from a iPhone

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Daily driver but it will see mud here and there

Sent from a iPhone

For that I would say Toyo Open country Mt, In 37 you get lots of wheel size options (15"-24") but for the 40 you need to run 20 or 22" wheels, Good life and they work well in the mud.
If you’re looking for more of a hey check my tires out lol, Nitto mud grapplers offer almost all the same tire size options as toyo’s but tread life is 10-15k lower and hiway noise is way way way louder, I mean people will hear your truck well before they see it. In strait up mud I found them to work better than the toyo.

I haven’t had a set of them for a few years so I am sure someone else will know the get a good deal on them.

I have been running Interco SS M-16's for the last 2 sets; they suck on ice but the narrow tire size’s work great in the mud. Tread life is around 10k less than my toyos were.

Before that I had 39.5x13.50x20 Interco IROK's, really loud on the hiway even shorter tread life but off road they worked extremely well. Biggest down side to any Interco tire I have run has been balancing they all sucked; I swear there tires are oval lol. I would balance them with wheel weights then bust the inside bead and add beads to help with the vibration.

I find that OK tire usaully has the best price on Interco tires. On my jeep I have 42x14.50x17 Goodyear Mtr's I dont have any info on them other than all off the people I have talked to seem to really love them. For these tires Bear Trax 4x4 Outfitters had the best price. (780-651-1621 or 9136 yellowhead trail NW)

I really don’t like the pro comp Xterrain tires as I have seen way to may tread separations with them.

JMO

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For that I would say Toyo Open country Mt, In 37 you get lots of wheel size options (15"-24") but for the 40 you need to run 20 or 22" wheels, Good life and they work well in the mud.
If you’re looking for more of a hey check my tires out lol, Nitto mud grapplers offer almost all the same tire size options as toyo’s but tread life is 10-15k lower and hiway noise is way way way louder, I mean people will hear your truck well before they see it. In strait up mud I found them to work better than the toyo.

I haven’t had a set of them for a few years so I am sure someone else will know the get a good deal on them.

I have been running Interco SS M-16's for the last 2 sets; they suck on ice but the narrow tire size’s work great in the mud. Tread life is around 10k less than my toyos were.

Before that I had 39.5x13.50x20 Interco IROK's, really loud on the hiway even shorter tread life but off road they worked extremely well. Biggest down side to any Interco tire I have run has been balancing they all sucked; I swear there tires are oval lol. I would balance them with wheel weights then bust the inside bead and add beads to help with the vibration.

I find that OK tire usaully has the best price on Interco tires. On my jeep I have 42x14.50x17 Goodyear Mtr's I dont have any info on them other than all off the people I have talked to seem to really love them. For these tires Bear Trax 4x4 Outfitters had the best price. (780-651-1621 or 9136 yellowhead trail NW)

I really don’t like the pro comp Xterrain tires as I have seen way to may tread separations with them.

JMO

Yeah I really like the Toyo mts, I had those on my old truck and right now I have the m16s on my truck right and and they ride like chit and are super loud.

Sent from a iPhone

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever hear of "rimz one"? There in the states and it seems they got some pretty unreal pricing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351833387.539069.jpg
3100$ for a set of 38"x15.50 nitto mud grapplers on 20" fuel octane rims and that price includes balancing. Seems like a pretty wicked deal.

Sent from a iPhone

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever hear of "rimz one"? There in the states and it seems they got some pretty unreal pricing. View attachment 139937
3100$ for a set of 38"x15.50 nitto mud grapplers on 20" fuel octane rims and that price includes balancing. Seems like a pretty wicked deal. Sent from a iPhone

Thats a good deal, add at least $400 for shipping though. Does this include duties across the border?

I just found TireDirect.ca. Found they had the best deal on some 315/70/17 Duratracs. $1450 all in with shipping to my door. Their shipping rate is a flat $12.50 per tire. See what they say anyways.

Top Bottom