Best Portable Garage/Shed????

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
As the title states, I need more storage space for the "off season toys" and am looking at putting up a portable shed/garage.

10x10 or 10x12.... who makes the best quality for the money? where have others bought them?

Thanks!

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean one of those tent style garages? Mine is a logic something 10x20. I'd buy another one. It has been set up since May 2009 and no signs of wear.

that's exactly what I mean Darcy.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a shelter logic from Canadian tire. 12x20. The tarp lasted 4 yrs. but my own doing I had it a little to tight and it shrunk and ripped. But I bought a replacement tarp kit from them for 200. So should be good for another 4 yrs

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I bought a shelter logic from Canadian tire. 12x20. The tarp lasted 4 yrs. but my own doing I had it a little to tight and it shrunk and ripped. But I bought a replacement tarp kit from them for 200. So should be good for another 4 yrs

ya thats the one I have. I strung a couple tie down straps across the top braces to help with the snow load. Lol. that's all I've ever done with it. Threw down some plywood for a floor.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
picked up two from costco a few months ago 10x20's so far so good, think they were 200ish, going to get another one this week

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I bought a 11x20 from Costco in Red Deer 4.5 years ago ( $250.00 ), it was easy to put up by myself and the grey tarp it comes with. Is still in like new condition, I would buy another one!

But then I went a little further..... I had a 8x20 skid left here by the previous owners, so I shot down 3 5/8 track 16" O/C. placed 10' 2x4 on flat and sheeted with 3/4" OSB. then built the tent around the skid. On the inside, I strapped out the wall's with Furring Bar and sheeted with 3/8 OSB. At the entrance, I did a double door. 1 - 2' and 1 - 4' that all locks. At the time I was working in RD and just wanted to keep the honest people out.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I think the real question here is how much beer is it gonna take .. Like that's what I was wondering

Sent from my phone

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What about a seacan? They are a little more money but last forever and are water poof mouse proof and farly burgler proof! You can custom order them in different sizes and with role up doors.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
What about a seacan? They are a little more money but last forever and are water poof mouse proof and farly burgler proof! You can custom order them in different sizes and with role up doors.

I would need a helicopter to get a Seacan into my current yard. I'm going portable/tent garage because we can take it with us when we decide to sell this place and move on.

Thanks for all the input so far. I may have to check out Costco one evening this week.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I need more storage space for the "off season toys" and am looking at putting up a portable shed/garage.

10x10 or 10x12.... who makes the best quality for the money? where have others bought them?

Thanks!
Tyler, brew_doos step dad imports these metal buildings from china. About the size of a seacan but they break down into 4 or 5 pieces for transport. takes about an hour to assemble and they are secure like a seacan 4 walls, floor and roof. don't know what they cost and Chet is on a bike trip in the states until late this week. should shoot him a PM.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure to check your local regulations as some towns and city's do not allow the tent structures
Where I live in blackfalds there is a bylaw against them and you are fined right away for putting one up

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one in my yard that's for sale.

3000.00. ( outlaws )

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Tyler, brew_doos step dad imports these metal buildings from china. About the size of a seacan but they break down into 4 or 5 pieces for transport. takes about an hour to assemble and they are secure like a seacan 4 walls, floor and roof. don't know what they cost and Chet is on a bike trip in the states until late this week. should shoot him a PM.

Thanks Mitch, I'll shoot him a PM or email him at work.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Not everyone can afford $5000 for a sea-can. JS

Seacans are quickly becoming an affordable storage solution Darcy I've seen them online now delivered for under 2000

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to say a 20 footer.

Might be longer tho.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Top Bottom